Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- GM > GM Tech > 6.2 and 6.5 GM Diesel
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

6.2 and 6.5 GM Diesel Discuss the 6.2 and 6.5 GM Diesels here

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 12:47 AM   #1
rednek1

Name: rednek1
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
6.2 liter

i have a 85 chevy truck with a 6.2 in it and im having a problem with it. it will idle fine then wants to start running wide open and you dont even have to mash the pedel to make it do it. then after it does it its does not want to crank back. i would like to fix it but do not know where to start. any help would be greatly appericated.

thanks chris

Old 04-27-2006, 12:51 PM   #2
Morpheus

Name: Morpheus
Title: FART SMUCKER
Member`s Gallery
They have a mechanical injection pump I'd start there

Old 05-01-2006, 07:42 PM   #3
rednek1

Member`s Gallery
i dont have a clue about it. i traded for the truck because it has 5 ton military axles under it with four wheel steer. i want to keep the diesel as long as i can. where is the injection pump located at ? and how hard is it to find one?

Old 05-02-2006, 08:36 AM   #4
C.A.P

Name: C.A.P
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
go out and buy your self a chiltons manual , you will find there is a lot of information in there . I would bet it is a stuck govener spring assembly in the top of the pump. If it happens and you cant shut it off there is a pink 10 gage wire going to the center of the pump that will shut the pump down thus thge truck . The pump is located in the valley of the block up front. Look at the fuel lines and fallow them up front you will see a spider lookinf head with 8 li nes , that is the pump

Old 05-02-2006, 07:49 PM   #5
rednek1

Member`s Gallery
thanks will stop and get a manual tomorrow on the way to work. when it gets stuck the key wont even cut it off. i am planning on building the truck to ride around and the fram and do a little rockcrawling with it. thats why i wanted to keep the diesel in it. it will run on off camber angles.

Closed Thread