My p pump swap.

yoshi470

EDP Janitor
Well i've been working on my p pump swap the past few days and its going smoothly. Aint breaking and speed records just taking my time since im still a newb at all this stuff for the most part. Heres just a few pics so far. Got my big stick cam in today and gear housing back.

Ppumpandgolf014.jpg

Ppumpandgolf015.jpg

Ppumpandgolf016.jpg

Ppumpandgolf017.jpg

Ppumpandgolf018.jpg

Ppumpandgolf019.jpg

Ppumpandgolf020.jpg

Ppumpandgolf013.jpg

Id like to thank the following:

Josh Roach
jeff snedge
Seth at DPE
harry at peak diesel

Looks very clean! But why did you pull the tappet cover and put zip ties if you have the wooden dowels?

Trust me. It ain't fun. LOL

Did you buy a kit from one of the companys? Lot of work involved in this swap isn't there.

Tyler-I bought this kit from Roachie, he had everything need, and yea theres a lot of work thats for sure, lots a little stuff thats overlooked in the big picture.

Wesley-After reading about tyler's horror about one dropping i wasnt taking any chances

Ya. I'm doing another one in a week or so and I'm trying to go through my head and make sure that my buddy has EVERYTHING that's needed cause his little bfe town closes down at noon on saturday and I gotta be at work monday morning.

got a question guys.

Im looking for a fitting to go into my pump for the fuel feed line, i wanna use the 90* elbow that came with my airdog. So what size threads are on the pump on the inlet port and would anyone know what size the airdog fitting would be?

got a question guys.

Im looking for a fitting to go into my pump for the fuel feed line, i wanna use the 90* elbow that came with my airdog. So what size threads are on the pump on the inlet port and would anyone know what size the airdog fitting would be?

If I remember correctly the stock feed location on the pump is M14x1.5...but it is a helicoil. If you pull the coil out it becomes an M16x1.5 which is what I used.

Hydraulic Fittings - 9068 | JIC 37° Male x Metric Male

9068-08-16 1/2" Male JIC x M16x1.5 Male Metric (Steel) $4.55

the air dog fitting is either a -6JIC (3/8) or -8JIC (1/2)

Tyler-I bought this kit from Roachie, he had everything need, and yea theres a lot of work thats for sure, lots a little stuff thats overlooked in the big picture.

Wesley-After reading about tyler's horror about one dropping i wasnt taking any chances

Yeah I know. We even dropped the thrust plate, but the oil pickup stopped it before it got too far.

oh the other side of the fitting..... all the airdog kits are -8, or atleast were when i bought mine, they didnt use smaller lines for the 100 kits.

Back