"shaving" intake from head?

The point is why go through all the trouble to increase flow through the head then put the most restrictive piece of the intake tract back on. Like stated, it's just pissing away money to look cool IMO.

Anyone bagging on the op ever think that he could just put a spacer in place of the intake heater for the other 8 months of the year???

Point is even a spacer of the same size as the grid heater is restrictive. A shaved intake is not needed on all but the most extreme builds. Trucks are over 850-900 hp. with the stock intake horn even. So I stand by the statement that if you are running a grid heater and plan on doing a cut intake it is not at the point of being needed.

196885_10150448487855072_520315071_17838153_4072704_n.jpg

200319_10150460737160072_520315071_17972387_5961534_n.jpg

SANY0136.jpg

You could easily fab a flange for a heater grid to go into an aftermarket intake if you had to have it

nope im prolly the first.
0707111944b.jpg

the only reason i went to a IR manifold was for the CR head to clear the p-pump, and in wisconsin it does get kinda cold. lol

Where did you get the grid heater for that? It looks really good. im looking to make an intake allot like it.

Point is even a spacer of the same size as the grid heater is restrictive. A shaved intake is not needed on all but the most extreme builds. Trucks are over 850-900 hp. with the stock intake horn even. So I stand by the statement that if you are running a grid heater and plan on doing a cut intake it is not at the point of being needed.

so because you dont like his idea it is not ok i think its cool i go ether my self grid heaters died on me and 26* of timing the heaters diudnt do enough

Was wondering if anyone knew the thread pitch on the map sensor and IAT sensor? Welding a bung on my plenum and was interested. Look like maybe 14x1.5?

thats how i did mine, milled it off with a long bit, milled it flat with a flycutter on a cnc mill. Free and easy. Greg at zzfab sold me a manifold flange, 3/4 thick and it had all the hole locations :)

up here in the great white north we run espar diesl fired coolant heaters.

dont need the grid heater cause the motor is toasty warm.

even with glow/plugs grid heaters i wouldnt start my truck unless it has been pluged in or preheated with the espar.............espicially using ether

Hellmann uses a rubber o-ring(there is a groove machined into his intake) and silicone to make sure it doesn't leak

Back