4x4 Short Bed Traction

syrupdawg

GA Diesel Mafia
How do you guys think a 4x4 short wheel base truck would hook? My truck is currently running mid 11's but next year i plan to twin it so it will have alot more horsepower. The deal is when I bought my truck I knew it was wrecked and the frame was a little crooked and we have tried to straighten it twice so I have to go a different route so I was thinking about a 4x4 short wheel base truck. Just want to see some of your guys opinions. Thanks

That will depend on your ability to tune a suspension and understand the geometry to make the suspension plant the wheel without wasting power lifting the nose.... Also If, which rear suspension you have? the tension or more desirable compression design...

There was a video floating around here a while back of a 4x4 blown gas (or alocohol) chevy short bed truck IIRC...I'm almost dead sure it was short bed reg cab and it hooked like none other...maybe in the drag racing forum

That will depend on your ability to tune a suspension and understand the geometry to make the suspension plant the wheel without wasting power lifting the nose.... Also If, which rear suspension you have? the tension or more desirable compression design...

Please explain, I'm trying to decide rcsb 1500 2wd or 4x4...

Which part do you want me to explain.... there are a few areas to why a vehicle will hook or not...
What suspension.... Factory or aftermarket, or modified factory, ladder bar or link.

Lets play with factory.... Factory suspension uses 2 designs compression which is the shackle that lets the springs grow and more desirable in a race app, and tension when the shackle is upside down and doesn't let the suspension do anything buy carry weight...

The comp design can be altered to move the front spring eye up or down to make it change it's IC, and by clamping the entire front section of spring you are technically making a cheap ladder bar...

There is a lot that can be done to make it work....

Way i look at drag racing is this.......

Will it make me faster and do i need to drag that along with me.... all added weight.

There was a video floating around here a while back of a 4x4 blown gas (or alocohol) chevy short bed truck IIRC...I'm almost dead sure it was short bed reg cab and it hooked like none other...maybe in the drag racing forum

You talking about this one?
orsca3.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKgtq42027Q
http://www.msmisery.com/

why does that truck look familiar....is that the alky inj t/a motor 4x truck running outlaw.

That is a tube frame truck.... same applies...he is just lighter

Back