Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > Jeep Diesel
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
jrsavoie

Name: jrsavoie
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Does anybody make an exhaust for 2006 CRD?

I don't really grasp to concept of closing perfectly good threads.

05 Liberty CRD exhaust? - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

A post from Lost - If you got rid of the 2 1/8" choke point in the cat flange, you did a good thing.
I ran and posted tests on back pressure by putting a boost gauge between the turbo and cat. When I got rid of the 2 1/8" choke point and 2 1/2" all the way back, the back pressure went to 0.0 PSI and stayed there. With your 3" as long as you got rid of the 2 1/8" choke flange should also have 0.0 PSI back pressure.

My stock turbo spools up much faster too.

This is along the lines of where I want to go with the exhaust. Now we have an 8 year old exhaust with 140,000 miles on the cat. I still think this is a necessary upgrade at this mileage. A plugging cat will kill an engine as fast as anything

Does anybody make a 2 1/2" stainless high flow exhaust for these vehicles that installs as effortlessly as the 4" exhaust kits install in the 6.5 diesels?

Does anybody know of a good exhaUST SHOP IN Illinois or Indiana that does mandrel bending?

Last edited by jrsavoie; 09-14-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Old 09-25-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
pullin454

Name: pullin454
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
the only exhaust kit for the liberty in a cat back kit. the cat back kit for the diesel and the gas ones are the same. i put a gas mbrp kit on mine then got rid of the cat and the flange with some mandrel pipe and got my local exhaust place expand the ends so i could clamp it all together.

Closed Thread