Dual Disc Slipping...

i ordered a clutch about a week ago through Cummins Perfromance Parts. The 3600Street DD. Clutch felt great when i first had it in; Well i maybe have 500 miles if that on it and it keeps slipping worse and worse everyday. Now its gotten to the point where it is super hard to go in gear unless the trucks shut off. Ive checked the hydro for the clutch and its moving the same amount when i had it installed. Seeing if anyone had any ideas tonight before i call in the morning to check anything out.

i still havent gottin on it yet but ive seen people say do a 3rd gear launch but i have yet to do one. Yes the discs were installed correctly, i checked it a few times before i buttoned it up. Doesnt have adjustable hydro's on it but it still has the same throw it had when it was first installed. When i first drove it it felt awesome, just getting worse which i dont understand.

It sounds like the fingers on the pressure plate are not even all the way around. My Valiar DD did the same thing

Are you sure it's slipping? Like if you mash on the accelerator the truck revs up but doesn't move any faster? Or is it just hard to get in gear or doesn't want to disengage when you press on the clutch pedal like at a stop sign? I only ask because I had a few that broke 1 or 2 fingers on the pressure plates. Driving them home was difficult because you had to shut the truck off to get in gear. Happened on 2 separate occasions.

It has the stock fork since im using the advanve adaptor bell for the getrag replacment. Yes it has been slipping i maybe punch it half and it just rockets to 3800 and doesnt go much. I looked at the center plate through the boot on my bell and it has gotten hot. It just started last night where i had to shut the truck off to get it in gear. I have to wait a bit to give them a shout and see the verdict. Thanks for some input.

Got a hold of Peter today and he is more then willing to make it work right so a different clutch set up is on the way. Awesome Customer service!

Back