3600 dd in a G56

7inchstack

diesel dork
this thing rattles and makes all sorts of noise, is this normal? everyone looks at my truck like its falling apart, other then that great clutch!!! thanks peter
Ryan

Sprung Hub or not? Mine makes noise when I have it pushed in but when it is out it is very quiet. Mine is a Sprung hub.

mines sprung, it rattles pretty good with the clutch out. but when i put it in all noise goes away, other then i can hear the throw out bearing.

I have the south bend 3250 DD and mine does the same thing, has since day one, had it installed in august 09', it's starting to slip on me, esp if i take off in 4wd. gunna be going back into shop to see what the heck is going on. def not impressed with the meat grinder sounds the DD's make.

the plate that the throw out bearing conects to wasnt in right, so it was rattling, now it sounds like a normal DD.

i guess they came out with a newer style clutch that makes no noise at all...

Really? Wonder whats different? I've had 3 south bend clutchs, the first was a dual disk in my 03 duramax, sprung hub, by far the loudest out of the three. The second was a 3600 non sfi dual disk in my G56 dodge, still made a lot of noise. My current clutch is a 3600 triple disk solid hub and its the nicest to drive, least "jerky", quietest, and quicker shifting then the old non sfi dual disk. Just cost a couple $.02 more..

I know we cant put prices on here, but I know what my DD cost, how much more then that was the triple? mines going in for a checkup in april..

thanks

dang, so the triple disk is easyer to drive? and yea my buddy just got one, it has a different center plate, he said it make no noise? havnt heard it myself tho.

Back