Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Drag Racing
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drag Racing Where ALL Racers are Welcome- From ET Bracket, all the way to ProStreet and Top Diesel!

Old 02-01-2019, 05:55 PM   #101
RMJ_LB7

Name: RMJ_LB7
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broaner View Post
"Good" and "Big" are subjective as can be. Define what you consider to be "good results" and "big single".

My definition of good doesn't associate at all with big single and stock fuel.
Sorry about that, what i'm meaning is that i've seen people run a s475 single with stock fuel making around 550-600 HP and making the bottom end last a "little" longer lol. I wouldn't be totally upset if i do put a s475 on my truck and scatter the engine, due to that would give me an excuse to tell the wife why I need to build it
Old 02-01-2019, 07:27 PM   #102
Chassisman

Name: Chassisman
Title: Gator Out...
Member`s Gallery
Things change a bit with better flowing heads and manifolds. I'm guessing that's had something to do with it.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:44 AM   #103
Broaner

Name: Broaner
Title: Been There n Broke That
Member`s Gallery
Why in the fawk would you put a 475 on with half the fuel it can use? Is this duramax standard practice?
Old 02-05-2019, 10:25 AM   #104
nmband13

Name: nmband13
Member`s Gallery
A Stock lb7 turbo can about make 550rwhp, why would you use a 475 to make the same hp and have a ton of lag?
Old 02-05-2019, 02:08 PM   #105
RMJ_LB7

Name: RMJ_LB7
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmband13 View Post
A Stock lb7 turbo can about make 550rwhp, why would you use a 475 to make the same hp and have a ton of lag?
Planning for the future, At some point will be upgrading the fueling system on the truck. I will be building the transmission first before I do anything with the turbo so would like to know if im gonna go with compounds or a big single for the converter. The truck is a budget build and I don't have 15k just to throw at it for fueling and air upgrades at one time.