Poor Caterpillar

Go with a 3612:rockwoot:

... you might need to strengthen your frame

Attachments

• 3612-on-truck.gif
    3612-on-truck.gif
    70.2 KB · Views: 116
if i remember the numbering system correctly the first of the four numbers is the series number the middle two are displacement per cyl and the last is the number of cyl. so a 3208 would be a 3000 series, the 20 would be 2.0 cubic inches of displacement per cyl, and it has 8 cyl. Im almost sure thats correct but its been a while since ive looked.

If there is anything you remember about CAT engine parts...it's that they are EXPENSIVE! There is no doubt they make a nice product but the engines do not appear to be any better than anything else, dollar wise.

if i remember the numbering system correctly the first of the four numbers is the series number the middle two are displacement per cyl and the last is the number of cyl. so a 3208 would be a 3000 series, the 20 would be 2.0 cubic inches of displacement per cyl, and it has 8 cyl. Im almost sure thats correct but its been a while since ive looked.

I dont think thats right, a 3208 is over 10 liters, 636 cubes if I remember right.

Why not a 3616?
Picture004.jpg

Cat makes an engine even bigger than that. I think they call them a 16CM(0r 32CM) don't remember exactly right now.

They are made in Germany and they as much bigger over a 3600 as a 3600 is over a 3500. They are monsters!!!

Cat makes an engine even bigger than that. I think they call them a 16CM(0r 32CM) don't remember exactly right now.

They are made in Germany and they as much bigger over a 3600 as a 3600 is over a 3500. They are monsters!!!

That is a MAK.

Back