hood stack???

cuminsman202

STROKER SMOKER
Ive got a few questions on a hood stack. Ok well first is it street leagal or wat and how would i do it if anybodys knows how and if someone has the parts to do it write back and tell me something thinks

Anthony
Conley

I saw the interior of a daily driven hood stacked truck and it confirmed my decision on whether I would every do it... the whole interior had a sooty film over it just from cracking the windows for half hr on the interstate...

He daily drove his truck and lived in town; said he never got pulled over for it.

Lavon

Rick Wallace used to run one over in GA before he sold his truck.....he never caught flack from the law that I am aware of.

ok thats one of my questions but does anybody know how to do it or has any parts they would sell to help me well thinks guyes

I believe the law requires exhaust to exit behind any and all passenger compartments....but who cares...I want one too!!! :D

I have a piece of a 5" chrome stack that is about 2' long I could sell you. And yeah it looks cool but your truck would never be clean and it would technically be illegal.

I looked it up and found in Indiana its technacally legal. So Im puting mine on in a few days.

You will probably have to turn your turbo around unless you want to cut up the cowl. Just put a 90* down pipe and attach a small stack to the hood (so you can still open it) then you can build you own intake to sit in the stock location. Thats about all you need. Ill see how it works out and how well its received by the Police!

Bosshawg600 said:
I looked it up and found in Indiana its technacally legal. So Im puting mine on in a few days.

You will probably have to turn your turbo around unless you want to cut up the cowl. Just put a 90* down pipe and attach a small stack to the hood (so you can still open it) then you can build you own intake to sit in the stock location. Thats about all you need. Ill see how it works out and how well its received by the Police!

ok thinks for the info on that and does anyone have a 90* down pipe they would be willing to sell :thankyou2: thanks everybody, all this really helps me out :thankyou2:

Laws vary. It probably is not legal on 1, 2 or 3 counts:

Exhaust must exit between 0-2' or more than 11', some states.

You can't block the forward view of the driver.

You must have some kind of muffler.

Realistically, unless you are doing something dumb, you won't get a ticket. But the exhaust slime is a good point. I ran a cut-out at one time, and had to stop because all the greasy exh residue was all over everything. Probably wouldn't be so bad on the top of the truck though, cause then it only looks like shiit. When it's under the truck, it makes it harder to work on stuff since you spend more time cleaning than normal.

Back