10 degree valve locks

seeker1056

gear head
I know this was a thread a long time ago started by some one else - but at the end of the thread between people bashing and getting off track there was no answer

I am going to be using 10 degree valve locks on my next head

The issue that arises is that the valve locks I have now are designed to fit my Manley Intake valves with a much narrower groove than stock cummins valves have.

The stock cummins exhaust valves have a much larger lock groove in the valve stem

Now from the old thread there were two answers as to whether or not this works - yes and no - so my question is: Will my current Manley narrow bead valve locks work for the wider groove exhaust valves without worry of dropping a valve or am I looking for a different set of valve locks for the exhaust valves?

If I need new locks can someone supply a part number? I am using dual Comp Cam springs, retainers and locks now. I believe the valve locks I have now are + .100

thanks in advance

Last edited:
The bead needs to match the groove. It probably wouldn't take too long to case a major problem. If it doesn't drop the valve it will beat the **** out of the stem until it does.

if you havent found anything yet get a hold of lenahan05 i am going to be running a set of dual comps on my build also and i got everything i needed from him.. hes got from what i seen the best prices and its not because he skimps.. its worth a call to him im my opinion..shoot me a pm if you want his info..

Back