How to modify the overflow valve OFV

EDIT: The new injectors are here!!! They got dropped off today and my brother just showed me them. Time to go install them!!!

Just trim the bic spring a little bit more and remove the shims if there are any, from beneath the stock spring. You can also compress the stock spring a little with a set of pliers.

Yea I will bring it back to 40 or so at idle tomorrow. It looks like it goes under 25 with the new injectors so I will clean/replace the filters asap. Wanted to get the injectors installed tonight so I did :thumbsup:

Started at about 8:00 got it down to the injectors stopped and ate. Then after a trip to autozone for a 24mm socket I pulled it injectors out with an OMC water pump tube and an old lug nut:clap: Got the new 7x10s in took about 2 hrs with all the messing around then went for a shake down run. After I got some heat in it I romped it off a few lights. I brought my gf along and she said the locked shifts were gonna break her neck LOL . The truck is obviously faster and more fun to drive! As expected with the hx35 it will pin the 1600* gauge even with the water meth. I'm going to hook up the 3rd stage (625ml nozzle) on top of the 325 and 175. Hopefully running strait water I will be able to say in it longer just hope all that water doesnt start quenching.

My idle has been low since i did the 4kgsk but now wit the new injectors its even lower Im assuming that is normal with proper pop pressures?

Big thanks to Lee shortbusdriver great injectors even better price!!! :bow:

Kevin

Gasoline Sucks,

It sounds like you are getting it together.
With that much fuel, you may want to consider a second turbo to help cool the fuel.
Of course the real test is at the track----:tree:
Keep this thread open to let us know.
Can you send me a PM on the injectors?
Thanks,
Wayne

7x10s are nice no egts issues with a stock turbo , BTW a FP guage should b the first thing added

Last edited:
I brought my gf along and she said the locked shifts were gonna break her neck LOL .

I always heard the upgraded girlfriends-butt dyno was way more accurate than the regular old butt dyno, now you've confirmed this.

And speaking of butts, I think we need a write-up of Oranges avatar, and the way this place works, we need lots of pics with that write up.

:lolly:

Gasoline Sucks,

It sounds like you are getting it together.
With that much fuel, you may want to consider a second turbo to help cool the fuel.
Of course the real test is at the track----:tree:
Keep this thread open to let us know.
Can you send me a PM on the injectors?
Thanks,
Wayne

Already workin on more air, hope it doesnt go through my glass table :hehe:

IMG_20101201_085903.jpg

Once it goes in I will be going for some comp dvs.

NEED TO BUMP MY TIMING BAD AND TUNE THE AFC BAD!!!

The GF's butt dyno is suprisinly accurate just dont look at it while your driving you will get distracted and crash :shake:

I always heard the upgraded girlfriends-butt dyno was way more accurate than the regular old butt dyno, now you've confirmed this.

And speaking of butts, I think we need a write-up of Oranges avatar, and the way this place works, we need lots of pics with that write up.

:lolly:

nice try, the rest are not compd appropriate :rules:

Gasoline Sucks,

Too bad you are so far away----- I could do it with you---
Does the little woman allow you to bring parts into the house ?:hehe:

OrangeNV,

Just have to ask----- Girlfriend or wife ?

WAYNES WORLD

Gasoline Sucks,

Too bad you are so far away----- I could do it with you---
Does the little woman allow you to bring parts into the house ?:hehe:

WAYNES WORLD

I'm trying to avoid spending the $200 on tools for timing :bs: I'm probably only gonna use once. I want to put it up around 18* and forget it..

Turbo is still sitting on the table :p

Thanks for the pointers guys but I'm being cheap and trying not to spend that much ($180) on the tools I will use once.

A local member on CF has offered to help me time mine all I need to do is buy him lunch, nice guy! :D I just need to find a day we both have time to do the timing........

Thanks for the help

Or you could just gut the overflow valve and run a cheap adjustable fuel pressure regulator. I ran one like this for 3 years with no issues. Less than $30 shipped to your door. Universal Fuel Pressure Regulator Kit BU RSX TSX Miata - eBay (item 290506405248 end time Dec-02-10 15:54:36 PST)

was reading this and wondering how long it would be before someone mentioned this. bottom of the page - wow. then, NO ONE says squat about it. lol. big wow.

the ebay reg is definitely the way to go if you are on the cheap (imo). come on....even comes w a liq filled gauge. no, you cant read it from the cab (unless you buy a oil press gauge line kit :)

cant believe no one commented or thanked this guy

Back