Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 2013+ 6.7L 385
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2020, 05:20 PM   #1
Dbordenb

Name: Dbordenb
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Clunk when disengaging cruise

Maybe this is normal but I want to make sure. I have noticed a clunk somewhere in the driveline when disengaging cruise or when abruptly getting on or off the accelerator. It does not make the clunk when coming to a stop or when accelerating from a stop. I started to notice it after a new tune and the tuner said it was because of the increased pedal sensitivity. This may be the case but it seemed odd to me.

So far I have checked transmission mount bolts and all are tight. I greased the slip yoke with no success in eliminating the clunk. I am waiting on new u joints to come in the mail but I am 95% sure it wasn't the joints because they all looked good when I pulled them out. I measured the amount of rotation in the rear pinion flange and it is just under a 1/4 inch rotation with no in/out or up/down movement.

Any other ideas on what I could check or am I chasing something that isn't even a problem in the first place?

Old 07-12-2020, 05:59 PM   #2
jasonc

Name: jasonc
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Listening to hard.
You'd be horrified if you ran in my work truck with all the clunks it has.

Old 07-12-2020, 06:00 PM   #3
jasonc

Name: jasonc
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I run my chit until problems are
"Easy to diagnose"

Old 07-13-2020, 05:03 PM   #4
Dbordenb

Member`s Gallery
I’ll just keep running it then. Thanks for the input

Old 09-10-2020, 06:40 PM   #5
Dbordenb

Member`s Gallery
Wanted to update this for folks reading in the future. My driveline clunk ended when I got a new tune with a less sensitive pedal. I hated the jerky pedal feeling the truck had with the super sensitive pedal so I asked for a different tune. So apparently reducing pedal sensitivity will stop the clunk that happens when reducing cruise control.

Closed Thread