Washington STATE by way of TEXAS.

Mark Nixon

No Savior among the flesh
Currently loading up to head towards Texas on Wednesday.
Trip itenary, at this juncture, is from Brownville to Streetman, then Waco, Weatherford and Abilene, TX.
Then a hard, long, push towards Lynnwood, WA to pick up a 2003 Dodge 2500.

If you guys out that way need/want anything that will fit in a truck bed, I am willing to go off course to accommodate, even Utah, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Idaho, and Oregon.

Planning to leave Brownville SOMETIME on Wednesday.

Reply, PM, Call, or Text, 402-780-5127 if I can help.

Dang, wish I had more time/heads up! I’m trying to work a deal with a guy on another forum to trade him my Ford Dually rear axle for his. But I can’t tear mine down that fast as I’ll be out of town for work until late week.

Safe travels Mark.

Thanks, Ryan! :cool:

Got up early and pulled 2 transmissions and t-cases, plus rounded up some other trash, which makes me about halfway loaded up.
I was horribly greasy and sweating like mad most of the morning, which is good. I needed a workout. LOL

Got an engine, some cylinder heads and 5 more transmissions to load.

She's a goin' ta' be heavy. :hehe:

Mark.

Well, I'm 3 transmissions and some tools and pre-trip stuff away from leaving.
This heat/humidity kicked my old, fat ass, then the dark came when I recovered enough to work.
I hauled ass, but fell short of my hoped for midnight leave time. :(

Hoping to blow out of here by 10am... If the rain that's supposed to be coming in isn't too severe.

Mark.

Looks about 5 hour to there from here. See ya around 3pm. That will actually work out perfect as I head home at 3pm.

Been rolling for about an hour, now.
Got a bit of rain earlier, while finishing loading, but it was tolerable.

Mark.

All Texas stops are done.
Heading from Abilene, up 84 towards I-40, then through the 4 corners region, up through Utah.

Mark.

The long voyage is over and done.
Other than losing a brake pad to a previously chewed up rotor, then having to replace the rotor and put a fresh set of pads on at a fine member's place (fordpickupman) way north of Boise, Idaho, it was, mechanically speaking, a very good trip.

Have to give a thanks to those I met on the way.

Jory (4x4Dually)
Mike (madmikeismad)
Austin (downtownbrown)
Dylan (Highwayman)
Brett (DieselImporter)
Chris Patterson
Reed (Rick James)
Corby (56cummins)
Jamar (JTaylor)
Scott (fordpickupman)

Saw some pretty country and with the Lord's blessing, it was a safe and fairly uneventful trip.

Hoping to do another real soon.

Mark.

Last edited:
Good deal! The open road is nice when there’s not a hard schedule.

I was wondering about mike the other day, haven’t seen him around here in a while.

Thanks for the conversation!

Last edited:
It was nice seeing you again, Dylan.
The trip up around Boise was beautiful, made me wish I had an RV with a car bay, so I could combine parts with roadtripping and seeing the better aspects of the beautiful parts of this country.
Alas, the life I lead is the one I choose.

Mark.

Quit griping and go see, or call him.
Sometimes people have other things to do than play with drama queens on the internet. :hehe:

Mark.

Quit griping and go see, or call him.
Sometimes people have other things to do than play with drama queens on the internet. :hehe:

Mark.

Well...I usually do call and text him every now and then....it's just been a while since I have. And don't you ever blame me for "drama" or "queen" of anything, Mr. :stab::hehe:

Back