our G56 for your 68RFE

Krazeeun

Hardway Performance
As the title says, we're on the hunt for someone in an OE equipped 68RFE truck, preferrably quad cab short bed 4x4 but open to all options and is looking for a drivetrain trade for a G56 6spd manual & Southbend 3250 quiet street dual disc.

Smoked tranny/converter is OK (even better!)... the bidding may start at $3000 + your parts and you drive away with a G56 in your truck

Contact myself if interested and i'll point you in the right direction :rockwoot:

well, i'm the right direction he is referring to above...lol just let either of us know if you are interested.

Yup, so if you've got a smoked 68 and dont want to spend $8200 (before labor) for a fully built one... the G56/SBC3250 is wonderful for towing and every bit capable up to 650RWHP... $3000 out the door isn't a bad deal.

any cab/bed configuration other than qclb or sclb will have to source their own rear driveshaft, or we can have yours redone locally on your dime.

The electronics/computer portion will also be taken care of by us, using a manual transmission recovery file on either the smarty or the H&S tuners unless you prefer to do this yourself.

I may be interested. I got an 08' ram 2500 QC/SB w/ the 6.7 and a 68rfe and am looking to do a manual swap...

2008 Ram 2500 6.7 deleted, S&B CAI, 5" TBE, Smarty S67me

sorry for the delay, i need to edit this thread...i've gone another route. at the moment we do not have a way to make the ecm in my truck to talk w/ the tcm for the 68rfe so i'm looking for a 48re now. thanks for the interest though.

Yoda's found a tranny and made a date... (giggity)

Sorry ladies, maybe next time...

Last edited:
As the title says, we're on the hunt for someone in an OE equipped 68RFE truck, preferrably quad cab short bed 4x4 but open to all options and is looking for a drivetrain trade for a G56 6spd manual & Southbend 3250 quiet street dual disc.

Smoked tranny/converter is OK (even better!)... the bidding may start at $3000 + your parts and you drive away with a G56 in your truck

Contact myself if interested and i'll point you in the right direction :rockwoot:

Dang. Do this for a 48re instead and mine is yours... Why can't I be the lucky one to find these type of deals... :bang

Dave don't you have a 68? You confuse me sometimes..

:hehe: Awesome. i'm glad I'm not the ony one I confuse...
Ok. you wanted a 68 per the above request. In return give someone a g56. I said, lets do a 48 for a 68. you get my 68, I get your 48.. Sounds good to me.. Everything always works out better in my head. Its when i release it into the world that all of a sudden it doesn't make sense. :redx:

i agree^^

on a side note, the tranny swap has been completed. thanks to those that were intereseted.

Dan don't lie its only half way done... you sent the customer down the road with your tranny and your truck still has no legs!! :)

thanks for the call out bud. lol yes, you are technically correct...i am only half way done. my big concern was to get the customer taken care of and i did. but for all intents and purposes...this thread can be considered complete as i am no longer looking for a tranny swap. i look forward to seeing how this 48re will be.

You pick the bank, I'll drive the getaway car (truck?)... if we split profits I should be able to afford my OM3GA input kit when i get home!!

we'll take mine, hopefully the NV5600 would stay together long enough to get away

Probably a good idea.. Hey. U said you were putting in a batmowheel s475 when you get back... Oh wait you don't have a 6.7l do you?? I've got my horn,ghd,etc... picked out. In fact, give me 2 weeks and I'll have them ordered. So next wld be studs, real hard choice there, but after that is where I'm at now. From what I understand its better to add air first, plus I think I've got a little bit of fuel left after the vgt quits anyway. I really think a good twin set up wld be best for me (Still wanting to DD). Not set on it though, it just seems like these guys are putting bigger and bigger turbo's on this 6.7. Like they can't find a stopping point on what it will lite. I know I've seen lots of posts about a 66 over like a s4XX.. But is that too small?? Cld you go with maybe a 72 as your primary and still lite up quick?? I've read and read and don't understand enough about the turbo's, so its question time....:bang

An S400 single of some type is in my future yes (yes mine's a 6.7), whether I go batmowheel or not is TBD. I would go 2nd gen manifold with a single charger of some sort if I were you. There's a difference in being able to spool a giant charger and tow with a giant charger... if you need to be able to tow, I wouldn't go any larger than S472 in a .90A/R T4 housing, that's what our 6.7 show tow truck uses.

A single S366 in a non gated T4 .90 housing and a 6 blade billet wheel would be a GREAT starting point... without the billet wheel that charger can be had in the $1000-1200 price range and on the 2nd gen manifold would be an easy swap to a larger single in the future as you turn up the fuel...

We've got a set of S472/S595 compounds on a built duramax at the shop... it's just retarded power :st:... not exactly a starting point though :evil

Back