Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > General Diesel Tech
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Diesel Tech Farm equipment, Medium Duty, Big Rigs, and other General discussion can be found in here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 07:32 AM   #41
4x4dually

Name: 4x4dually
Title: Moderator
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
I heard someone say once you couldn’t haul Coors east of the Mississippi or make it from Texas to GA in 28hrs either.
You dumb cowboy.....don't you know truckin' coors beer east of the Texas line is bootleggin'?

Old 12-20-2017, 07:35 AM   #42
BRE

Name: BRE
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4dually View Post
You dumb cowboy.....don't you know truckin' coors beer east of the Texas line is bootleggin'?

It was just a friendly bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO

Old 12-20-2017, 07:39 AM   #43
4x4dually

Name: 4x4dually
Title: Moderator
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRE View Post
It was just a friendly bet.
Now I'm gonna be quoting every line of that movie all day long.

Hey boy....where's Sheriff Branford?

Old 12-20-2017, 11:56 AM   #44
Meyers Farms

Name: Meyers Farms
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

I am sheriff Branford.

He he he for some reason or another you sound a little taller on the radio he he he.

Great movie!

Old 12-20-2017, 01:55 PM   #45
jfaulkner

Name: jfaulkner
Title: Douche Hunter
Member`s Gallery
I was soooo excited when FedEx came today. Thought my prayers were answered and the ELD gods came and I could finally make some real money.
Click the image to open in full size.

...but it just isn’t meant to be because they didn’t send instructions on how to hook these pages up.
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:29 PM   #46
J-Pipes

Name: J-Pipes
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

Got behind a black Peterbuilt after work, licence plate was fitting for today's topic!Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Old 12-22-2017, 02:11 PM   #47
Leiffi

Name: Leiffi
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
People just jailbreak them and you can edit without tattletales.
Isnt it just recording mileage/driving time from ECM ? Our tachos takes reading from protected data from speedsensor and as a backup from ABS sensors. Still there is a way to switch tacho off and keep all other functions working. Ofcourse it will be expensive if you get caught driving like that.

Old 12-22-2017, 02:44 PM   #48
allan5oh

Name: allan5oh
Member`s Gallery
Vehicle speed and total miles off ecm, plus it uses GPS. Any VSS issues or GPS mismatch it's supposed to record a fault. this info gets uploaded to the service provider.

Old 12-22-2017, 03:16 PM   #49
sootie

Name: sootie
Title: .....like a BAWSS
Member`s Gallery
so do emergency vehicles have to have this too? What about private snow plows clearing municipal roads?

Old 12-22-2017, 03:33 PM   #50
jfaulkner

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sootie View Post
so do emergency vehicles have to have this too? What about private snow plows clearing municipal roads?

No, there are a bunch of exemptions based on air miles, products hauled, year of truck engine, number of days a log book is needed in a 30 day period etc.

Old 12-22-2017, 03:44 PM   #51
allan5oh

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sootie View Post
None are involved in interstate commerce.

Old 12-22-2017, 06:53 PM   #52
takedown95

Name: takedown95
Member`s Gallery
I may be asking a silly question but doesn't the ELD essentially just record what was supposed to be done legally on paper anyways? The basic laws of driving trucks didn't change did they?

I'm not advocating for it by any means because it sounds like there isn't any room for common sense judgment....just wondering.

Old 12-22-2017, 07:10 PM   #53
BRE

Name: BRE
Member`s Gallery
It’s literally a tracking collar. The rules didn’t change, no. The HOS needs to change but nobody has done it yet.

They have discovered that elds won’t work for some so good here if exemptions and waivers for all kinds of crap. Instead of acknowledging they aren’t what’s best, they are giving select people, get out of jail free cards.

There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO

Old 12-22-2017, 07:45 PM   #54
takedown95

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
It’s literally a tracking collar. The rules didn’t change, no. The HOS needs to change but nobody has done it yet.

They have discovered that elds won’t work for some so good here if exemptions and waivers for all kinds of crap. Instead of acknowledging they aren’t what’s best, they are giving select people, get out of jail free cards.

If you’ve ever used snapshot from Progressive it’s same thing. I did find overall I was a safer driver but at times you were penalized for doing things like slamming on your brakes when someone randomly moved into your lane. After awhile I found myself less likely to react as quickly because of being penalized. Lol

Old 12-22-2017, 08:35 PM   #55
jfaulkner

Member`s Gallery
Quote:

Exactly, bring back the split clock and the elogs wouldn’t be such a big deal. Had a guy the other day say he got stuck at a shipper for 8hrs and then had to leave after he got loaded because they don’t allow sleeping on the lot. So he could have logged it as his 10hrs but as soon as he drove off the lot the elog would have started recording. He was sleeping for almost the full 8 but big brother wouldn’t see it that way.

Alan thinks we want to work 48hrs straight and this is why we want to run paper. In reality I like to use common sense that his tracking collar doesn’t allow.

Old 12-22-2017, 09:14 PM   #56
jasonc

Name: jasonc
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by takedown95 View Post
If you’ve ever used snapshot from Progressive it’s same thing. I did find overall I was a safer driver but at times you were penalized for doing things like slamming on your brakes when someone randomly moved into your lane. After awhile I found myself less likely to react as quickly because of being penalized. Lol
I know your a doctor an all and respect that, but would you like a government controlled monitor with you over every patient? Or start to wear a vest camara with a timer?

Old 12-22-2017, 09:37 PM   #57
95cummins5.9

Name: 95cummins5.9
Title: Old man ***** gossiper
Member`s Gallery
I wonder what the big catch is on the eld is? Time will tell besides what's obvious, someone will benefit from reinforcing it.

Old 12-23-2017, 03:47 AM   #58
Leiffi

Name: Leiffi
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Vehicle speed and total miles off ecm, plus it uses GPS. Any VSS issues or GPS mismatch it's supposed to record a fault. this info gets uploaded to the service provider.
GPS makes it more difficult. I thought GPS was not standard ? Do they all have it ?

Old 12-23-2017, 08:32 AM   #59
allan5oh

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiffi View Post
GPS makes it more difficult. I thought GPS was not standard ? Do they all have it ?
They need to have some sort of locating service. It does not make GPS mandatory. They can probably use cell service triangulation. Phones without GPS do this.

Old 12-23-2017, 09:40 AM   #60
takedown95

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonc View Post
I know your a doctor an all and respect that, but would you like a government controlled monitor with you over every patient? Or start to wear a vest camara with a timer?
Trust me. I'm not advocating for it. I was just curious about how it worked.

To your specific question when I was in the cath lab we had to wear all kinds of monitors and had all kinds of limits that didn't make any sense. These days there are cameras and electronic logs in the majority of OR, Caths, and Hybrids. If you think the government is strict you should try a hospital administrator. hahaha.

Closed Thread