DIY dual ram intake manifoilds?

TRUBBS

Can You Keep Up?
browsing around the forums doing my research and i cant help but notice that a few people have built their own "dual ram" style manifoild. i have always thought of ways to do it in my head but havent ever owned a cummins to really look into it. now that im getting ready to put a 12v into my ford i really wana make one. just looking to see what others have done for theirs. i would wana make mine with grid heaters in both to. just mainly looking to see what everyone has done for the actual intake pelum plate and fuel lines... thanks

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0015.jpg

Here is a couple pictures of the twin ram I built for my 12 valve. I have not got to try it out yet so not sure on how much it helps out.

what did you do for the pelum plate? just cut and tig weld a piece in for it to bolt to or...?

I just used a plasma cutter and cut a 3" hole. The flange is the same bolt pattern as where the stock fuel filter mounted. I just use the flat spot there to bolt to.

You only need a grid heater in one... they only have one from the factory. I would think that 2 would just add something extra to have trouble with.

I just used a plasma cutter and cut a 3" hole. The flange is the same bolt pattern as where the stock fuel filter mounted. I just use the flat spot there to bolt to.

you got any pictures of that? i know it seams pretty straight forward and all but its always nice to have a visual lol

You only need a grid heater in one... they only have one from the factory. I would think that 2 would just add something extra to have trouble with.

yeah that is true. only reason i wanted to do 2 was becasue sometimes our winters get way cold and my buddies 12v sometimes dont want to start after work when it wasnt plugged in.

the stock 12v does have 2 grid heaters BTW. they are stacked one on top of the other. The second one kicks on when its real cold out. If you want to put both of em in there.(i sugjest you do) just put one in one hole and the other in the back hole. I have a banks twin ram and i started with only puttting one in. but it did not start near as well in the cold as it did with two, so i put the other one in the back hole. now it starts as easy as it did stock all the way dow to 15 degrees so far with no problems.

same thing here... i have the banks deal.... if anyone needs a stock plate with a stock horn i have one here if you want to cut it up...

I'm planning on one for mine next project. But my plan is to us a 3" to 2.5" collector and make the runners somewhat equal.

merge-parallel-small.JPG

I'm planning on one for mine next project. But my plan is to us a 3" to 2.5" collector and make the runners somewhat equal.

merge-parallel-small.JPG

Cool idea Roach....keep us updated. I bought a 3" 180* a few months ago to build my own "pusher" intake and still haven't gotten around to it. :bang

I used a piece of 3" 180 and some scrap of 0.25" plate to make the one on my gray truck. Not a twin ram though.

I used a piece of 3" 180 and some scrap of 0.25" plate to make the one on my gray truck. Not a twin ram though.

Sounds cool... I keep moving mine around...going damn I need to start on that! LOL

I'm going to make a single "pusher" style for my 99, the twin ram I was referring too will be for my 97's new motor since I've decided to forgo the full head build with milled intake.

Last edited:
Back