Best Intercooler for a 2nd gen and Why

Rollin Coal02

been beating my head against the wall all week reading on intercoolers and have got nowhere! No one provides any information except Mishimoto. All their data is out there. The only thing i dont like is their inlet and outlet design. Is this enough to cause a concern? The other cooler that caught my attention was the on3 piece. It has the biggest core and full 3" inlet and outlets but does having casted engineered tanks and outlets out perform a 3" pipe welded square to a tank as far as flow goes?
Bd seems like a good piece aslo but is it because its made differently? does it flow too well because of the openess of the tubes where it cant cool effectively?

any information is appreciated! Thanks!

I have no experience but I’ve always heard/read hogan IC’s are about the best air to airs a guy can run.

Spearco here too. Nice Fit and Finish, Not sure about Power or cooler temps, but is holding 120psi with no problems.

I ran a mishimoto on my 2.5 puller and never failed me once! Was a great intercooler and would buy another.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

+ 1 on the Mishimoto. I had it on my dually with twins at 80-85psi. And now its on the dirt drag truck at 60-70 psi on a big single and its holding up very well.

The BD units usually fail around the 100 psi mark, unless design has changed in last 2 years, I wouldn't run one on a 95+psi 2nd gen.

Back