Seat belt alarm with sensor and resistor?

hydroshok

Covered in grease
I always wear my seatbelt, but apparently, something broke and the alarm will not shut off. I don't want to pay $80 for a latch assembly hoping the resistors are in it when everyone else seems to be able to jump the wires. I have the mess pictured below in my seatbelt latch. Anyone else? The truck is a 2011 2500 6.7 SLT crew cab 4x4 with the 68RFE.

I found these online:

Resistor value to bypass seatbelt / airbag warning light, please? | Sprinter-Source.com

Bench-to-Bucket Seat Swap: Low/No Cost Solution to Fix SRS Light Found! | Page 2 | Ram Promaster Forum

434169602_7350746858380132_7974889999042568778_n.jpg

Can't you just do the sequence to turn the alarm off? I've done it on the last few pickups I've had even though I almost always have the seat belt on.

I take it that just twisting the wires together doesn't work anymore these days?

Best thing to do now it just buy and extra buckle from a salvage or 3D print a fake one. No wires to change and the truck can't tell the difference. My 09 has a paperclip across the connector. Has worked since 2012. :D

Can't you just do the sequence to turn the alarm off? I've done it on the last few pickups I've had even though I almost always have the seat belt on.

It won't recognize the belt is latched so that won't work, unfortunately. I remember seeing that in the owner's manual of my 07. Either way, a 1K resistor worked for me. Annoying chime gone lol!

I take it that just twisting the wires together doesn't work anymore these days?

I read you could literally everywhere else. Not sure why my truck is different.

Best thing to do now it just buy and extra buckle from a salvage or 3D print a fake one. No wires to change and the truck can't tell the difference. My 09 has a paperclip across the connector. Has worked since 2012. :D

I hooked up a 1K resistor and all good. With all the crazy drivers down here, I'm not going without my seatbelt. I don't even ride my bike save for at night when no one is on the road lol.

Any idea why my truck is different, anyone? I tried a bunch of different resistors before the 1K worked. It was weird because some would shut off the airbag light, some would make it flash, and some would make it stay on. Going down to 1K got both lights to go off thank God!

Thanks for the replies BTW! I'm more curious why my truck is like this now. It was a work Truck from Canada with some funky tow mirrors, a vehicle tracking system, and an air shutoff. I'm guessing oil or natural gas industry, but I have no idea.

16487072_1168292946625585_7930993484132129349_o.jpg

This is what I have in the seatbelt latch. I just noticed the picture never loaded in my first post.

434653720_7350773988377419_2780455926269724380_n.jpg

Back