98 12v 5 speed swap into 01 24v truck

Warddb03

Alright guys and gals im needing help. Ive got a 98 12v 5 speed and im swapping it into an 01 24v truck. Ive read the 98 12v harness and pcm will plug and play into the 01 but theres never enough detail that says exactly how it hooks up. The in cab harness that runs out right above the firewall on the 01 has to plug in somewhere i woukd think to make the dash and cluster work? Does the 12v harness somehow plug into the 01 fuse block or do i use my 98 fuse block? Im more curious if this 98 12v harness and pcm will hook up and everything will work like ive read without rewiring the entire truck or would i be better off to go ahead and spend the money for all the adapters and harness and ecm so i can fool the truck into thinking its a 24v? Also if i do need to use the 24v brains what tooth tone wheel will i need to place on my damper from what ive read im thinking a 36-1.

easy peasy. Only thing I did was zip tie neatly the auto trans harness out of the way. there's a neutral safety plug you have to close loop near the pedals and that's about it. I just used a 3 inch piece of wire with two female spade terminals on it and plugged it in.

Back