Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > User Feedback and Suggestions
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

User Feedback and Suggestions A forum for feedback and suggestions to improve the site.

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 05:44 PM   #21
RyanMayo

Name: RyanMayo
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideopen View Post
The problem is convincing people to start their build threads in the Dedicated Section. I don't mind add it them at all, but where do I add it? we have such a diverse group of users it's hard to find a place for all brands?
Maybe rename the "Diesel Conversions" board to "Diesel Builds", since all of the threads there are already build threads?

Old 06-17-2015, 06:15 PM   #22
wideopen

Name: wideopen
Title: Slum Lord
Member`s Gallery
A section just for build threads?

The "Diesel Conversions" Area are meant for the transplants not really a "Build" thread. But I can see why you say that.

If I'm understanding what you guys are wanting you want an area just for builds? So what Constitutes in your mind as a "Build"? A P Pump conversion? A 4BT swap? Putting a Detroit in a Pinto? Or maybe restoring a VP truck? Everyone's idea is different.

I agree a build section would be good. Just where do we put it?

Sent from the Motorola Bag Phone

Hellmann Performance ~ Keating Machine ~ Engineered Diesel ~ Mumau Diesel ~ GoGo Diesel ~ Hamilton Cams ~ Diesel Innovations ~ Grand Rock Exhaust ~ Smarty

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 06-17-2015, 06:20 PM   #23
TheBigNasty

Name: TheBigNasty
Title: Project bish
Member`s Gallery
I'm pretty sure putting in some floor mats and putting a sticker on your windshield qualifies as "built" these days so....

Old 06-17-2015, 06:22 PM   #24
TheSilverBullet

Name: TheSilverBullet
Title: All the correction factor
Member`s Gallery
Could change it to diesel conversion builds. That would cover fummins rat rods etc. Then add street truck builds for people like me that build something to use and play. Then we could add competiton truck builds for sled puller drag race guys etc that compete in organized events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvst8r View Post
Dying is always a way bigger concern than egt's...

Old 06-17-2015, 06:27 PM   #25
RyanMayo

Name: RyanMayo
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I think all of those would count. From mild to wild, it's fun and informative to read about what other enthusiasts are doing. If somebody wants to share their vehicle's story as it progresses, that counts as a build. Whether it replaced the conversion board or not, I think the best place would be the general tech section.

Thank you for giving the idea some consideration.

Old 06-17-2015, 09:03 PM   #26
Freezingsystems

Name: Freezingsystems
Title: Modify Everything
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideopen View Post
The "Diesel Conversions" Area are meant for the transplants not really a "Build" thread. But I can see why you say that.

If I'm understanding what you guys are wanting you want an area just for builds? So what Constitutes in your mind as a "Build"? A P Pump conversion? A 4BT swap? Putting a Detroit in a Pinto? Or maybe restoring a VP truck? Everyone's idea is different.

I agree a build section would be good. Just where do we put it?

Sent from the Motorola Bag Phone

I agree leave the conversions to actual diesel conversions.

I say locate it to the "The Starting Line" section. Remove the "EFI Tune Library" and replace with a section titled "Member Builds". The EFI tune library can be moved to the "EFI tuning discussion area" as a sub forum or category.
92 W250 EFI 6.7 "OLD UGLY" 1292.7 HP #2

Closed Thread