Testing MAP sensor on 99

jedeka

Got a truck in the shop to work on. CEL is on and I'm getting a P0237 code, which is low voltage signal from MAP sensor. I removed sensor and cleaned sensor and wire connector. Cleared codes, started truck up and still get CEL with P0237 code. I'm getting a 5v reading on the orange wire. If MAP sensor is bad, will I not be able to clear out that code? Thinking I will pick up the updated 4921505 sensor at Cummins, if my sensor is faulty.

Iam having a p0237 code too. How did you get the old sensor out?Did you have to take off the return fuel line? A 1 1/16 socket will fit my new one but I cant get it to fit on the old one

Iam having a p0237 code too. How did you get the old sensor out?Did you have to take off the return fuel line? A 1 1/16 socket will fit my new one but I cant get it to fit on the old one

They changed the sizes. I just did this on my dad's VP the other day and realized they were different for some reason. I don't remember having to move much of anything to get to it though. The job took about 5-10min.

They changed the sizes. I just did this on my dad's VP the other day and realized they were different for some reason. I don't remember having to move much of anything to get to it though. The job took about 5-10min.

Yeah I figured it out was able to get it off with a 1 1/4 I think it was. After replacing it with the new one and clearing code it soon came back on again though. So iam thinking its a electrical plug somewhere? maybe even the edge harness it plugs into could be bad?gonna try bypass that clear code see what it does

Back