Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 1500 EcoDiesel
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 02:34 PM   #1
BWC

Name: BWC
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Ecodiesel towing

Whats been everyones experience with towing? Whats the most you've hauled etc.

Any upgrades to the rear suspension?

Old 10-05-2018, 05:54 PM   #2
Yotadzl

Name: Yotadzl
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
It seems that air bags are almost a must. I've installed several sets. My brothers Ecodiesel sagged with a canopy and a storage drawer setup in the bed with some tools. Seem to tow well up to 8000 lbs or so, the most hes done.

'85 Yota Crawler-2l diesel, custom built VE (by me), custom T25 turbo. Slow but fun!
'95 Cummins grampa truck, embarrassingly stock
'12 Cummins, deleted

Old 10-05-2018, 07:46 PM   #3
Mooner1

Name: Mooner1
Member`s Gallery
I put 2” McGaughy’s drop springs on mine with Super-Ride air bags in the middle to reverse level my ‘14 1500 ED. It was a super easy install and I really liked the way it handled and towed before, but much more so after that. I rented a all steel car trailer and John Deere hydrostatic tractor with a loader and bush-hog on it several times. Don’t know exactly how much it weighed but the truck handled it like a champ. I was really pleased.

Old 10-06-2018, 01:01 AM   #4
BWC

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotadzl View Post
It seems that air bags are almost a must. I've installed several sets. My brothers Ecodiesel sagged with a canopy and a storage drawer setup in the bed with some tools. Seem to tow well up to 8000 lbs or so, the most hes done.
How much is a set? Yeah I put some weight in mine the other day and it snagged a lot haha

Old 10-06-2018, 01:02 AM   #5
BWC

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooner1 View Post
I put 2” McGaughy’s drop springs on mine with Super-Ride air bags in the middle to reverse level my ‘14 1500 ED. It was a super easy install and I really liked the way it handled and towed before, but much more so after that. I rented a all steel car trailer and John Deere hydrostatic tractor with a loader and bush-hog on it several times. Don’t know exactly how much it weighed but the truck handled it like a champ. I was really pleased.
Did you happen to get a pic of the setup?

Old 10-06-2018, 11:01 AM   #6
Mooner1

Name: Mooner1
Member`s Gallery
I did get some pics of the install and setup. Unfortunately I lost them along with all the other pics and Vids I had of my old 1500 E.D. when my I-Phone met an untimely demise at work before I got it backed it up. Sorry man.

Old 10-08-2018, 05:34 AM   #7
06 DIESEL

Name: 06 DIESEL
Title: Dead Eye Firearms LLC
Member`s Gallery
I put a set of these on my 2014

Amazon.com: AIR LIFT 60818 1000 Series Rear Air Spring Kit: Automotive

I have had 3300# of sand, as well as stone, millings, etc in the bed and never had an issue since adding these bags. I have also towed a bobcat, weight around 8500# and could maintain highway speeds, but it did not like pulling hills, I would lose speed on them.

If you are pushing its limits all the time be ready to change trans fluid often, but so far with what I have done with mine it still shifts fine. I have 144k on it as of this morning and have no issues hooking to a trailer and getting stuff if needed.

My rig - 2021 Mega 3500 SRW

My Classic - 79 Chevy Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonA View Post
Trucks are like women. Sometimes you just need to spend money on them to keep them happy.

Closed Thread