2.6 smooth again

jones95runner

So getting ready to build a truck for this class. Ive been reading rules hoping to build something that will be legal to go anywhere. But seems like nobody's rules are close to completely matching. Truck will probably run itpa mostly but was hoping to run bluegrass too. I'd heard welding in the rear was going to be allowed but I'm not seeing that anywhere. Also some places say much be a drawbar style others say has to be a Reese.

Not exactly sure what to do at the moment I don't guess. Hate to build something and have to go back and change it next winter when would have been easier to do it the first time.

I think most groups will be following PPL rules. The BOB guys are going back to single tire for 2017 and allowing either turbo to be ran transitioning to 2.6 smooth only in 2018. COTPC's rules are a little different than the PPL and BOB rules. I'll be interested to see if they changed theirs to align with the national rules.

I talked to a couple of Outlaw Pulling reps last week. They want to use a box 2.55 turbo with a map width groove. I told them everyone else is going to a 2.6" smoothbore. Their thoughts is that the 2.5 trucks will lug the rpms down and need the extra air.

Plan on running mostly ppl and bluegrass. But would like to run itpa some also. Seems itpa is way off of Bob or ppl s rules. They way I understand it is that Bob a ppl will allow welded in rear suspension. But itpa says it has to be removeable with a leaf spring still in it. This is one case I wished they would all aline. Basically to meat itpa will have to be built for it and just run Bob and itpa with removable suspension and leafs

Plan on running mostly ppl and bluegrass. But would like to run itpa some also. Seems itpa is way off of Bob or ppl s rules. They way I understand it is that Bob a ppl will allow welded in rear suspension. But itpa says it has to be removeable with a leaf spring still in it. This is one case I wished they would all aline. Basically to meat itpa will have to be built for it and just run Bob and itpa with removable suspension and leafs

Everyone has gotta be different because being the same would just be too practical! Some organizations are going to run 2.5" before and after the groove as well. Why I said screw it and going up.

I know the ohio stuff was written before the PPL rules came out. Bob had a rule meeting after the release of PPL's rules and voted to follow PPL but still allow their current 2.5 turbos for the 2017 season.

I'm curious if the ohio guys are considering adjusting their rules to PPL's rules?

Ohio is set for 2017 we will revisit this fall .with this being first year for ppl maybe some changes there also after first year?

Ohio is set for 2017 we will revisit this fall .with this being first year for ppl maybe some changes there also after first year?

I wouldn't be surprised if a few changes are made. Most organizations aren't fully adopting 2.6 smooth till the 2018 season.

Because some 2.5 turbos are making 1250hp to much grey area in rules .. 2.6 smooth is 1000 ish at best .. that's all oem driveline needs

What rules are you running in south central pa

Sorry I just realized you had posted this. We are going to run our current true bore rules (2.5 before and after with a .200 groove) and we are going to allow 2.6 smooth ppl rules as well transitioning to ppl rules only in 2018.

Thank you .on your 2.5 before and after do you have a way of checking both sides without pulling cover.

Thank you .on your 2.5 before and after do you have a way of checking both sides without pulling cover.

No, the only way is to pull the cover. I actually really liked the class. The power levels seemed to stay in check. Really hoping the 2.6 smooth class keeps things in the same ballpark power wise.

Back