Intake Air Temp Gauges

adamsmarshall

Drilling Crooked Holes
Do any of you know who makes IAT gauges. Preferably White face. I've looked all over here and google and can't find any that I like. Thanks

I'm not a fan of the ones out there either, especially the price.

So I'm going to go with a cheap one from Nordskog, available through frozenboost.com and siliconeintakes.com for $60 just to see how they work.

Couldn't you use an EGT gauge and probe? You wouldn't be able to read below 100* but it wouldn't be that low unless you where idleing.

Just a thought.

On edit I'm assuming your looking for post turbo temps.

i have been looking for one of these also. egt gauge would work but the response time is very slow. there is a certain type of thermocouple that they use for them, i think type k but not positive. i have talked to lazarsmith and he said they sell one but havent heard back from him yet so cant offer much info about it.

I talked to autometer and they said they didn't sell well so the discontinued them and don't plan on making them any more. The nordskag will work although I don't like the style but that and they only go to 300* and I'm pretty sure the air on the hot side of the IC is warmer than that. Also the EGT gauges don't go low enough as I plan to use an A/W cooler between stages and if using ice from time to time it's possible to run cooler than 100*

I was gonna make a post asking this same ? the other day haha beat me to it. I was thinking an egt gauge but would like to see if it drops below 100

Your not gonna see temps below 100* very often. Really the only reason to have one is to see how hot they get.

Even with water/air coolers your only gonna see mid 90s if you have a large system.

Back