I need a new steering wheel

Begle1

My original steering wheel is coming apart a bit so I could use a new one.

What sort should I get? Is there a sexy pimp wheel out there? I was thinking one off an AMC.

I love AMC’s! Good luck finding anything in good condition anymore though. Whenever I need a steering wheel I usually use the Grant GT. It’s a pretty traditional 3-spoke wheel that goes well with just about everything.

I’ve always repaired mine with one of the leather lace up covers. If you have pieces of foam missing, I fill them with RTV before putting the leather on. Fill the gaps, let it set up, then trim it to shape with a sharp knife or razor blade.

I’ve always repaired mine with one of the leather lace up covers. If you have pieces of foam missing, I fill them with RTV before putting the leather on. Fill the gaps, let it set up, then trim it to shape with a sharp knife or razor blade.

I have had the thought of leathering up mine, and that'd probably be cheaper too.

I might take a lowrider-style chain wheel if somebody made a BIG one. Like the size of a large pizza and made off 1/2" thick chain.

I keep a $14 cover from Wall-hell on mine. When I get tired of the fuzzy pink one, I can swap to purple or rainbow colors for just $14.

Back