P7100 Timing and Smoke Screw Adjustment

Tinman34

I'm about to bump up my timing from 16 to 20. Is there a general rule for so many turns in or out per degree on the smoke screw, or is it start over fresh? Any input would be appreciated.

It's easy enough to adjust. Just set the timing, then adjust the AFC to your preference while road testing.

I figured as much and I appreciate your input. My apologies for such an ignorant question. I just don’t want to mess anything up. Thanks again!

You can't do anything wrong or mess up with the back preload adjustment on the afc, just take a wrench with you and keep turning in until you like it. Look in the rear view mirror at what it's doing.

Thank you Jason. I’ve just installed new mods, a cam, and other odds and ends. I broke them in under the old settings and now turning it up the timing had me uneasy because of the money I’ve sunk into this thing.

Thank you Jason. I’ve just installed new mods, a cam, and other odds and ends. I broke them in under the old settings and now turning it up the timing had me uneasy because of the money I’ve sunk into this thing.

20* is very conservative.

Back