air pulsing back thru the air filter

dieselbeef

dick doggin
its on my jd tractor....I noticed the air blowing back into the filter actually blowing out of the housing on that little rubber water drain boot...as the revs increase so does the air plsing back thru it?

valve issue? radiator is leaking so it looks like im gonna pull the valve cover when I repl the radiator....im thinking too tight intake valve?

any ideas?

Ok I’m not sure if it’s the same but we had a 5cyl JD and it just decided it didn’t want to start one day. Ended up being a valve issue that was common for that engine. Forget what it was but involved broken chit and we just traded it.

Pull the valve cover and see if all the stems are the same height.

Guess you could alway have Jory send you the file for his bed mounted bale hauler, get the pieces cut and burn 'em together! At least your truck is flatbed, much less risk of damage!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Guess you could alway have Jory send you the file for his bed mounted bale hauler, get the pieces cut and burn 'em together! At least your truck is flatbed, much less risk of damage!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Beat me to it. I had the same thought.

Could have wiped a lobe of the cam shaft also. They will blow some air out of that duck bill looking boot. Don't ask me how but they all do but if its really bad then its either the cam or or possibly a valve lash to loose. If the valve was sticking or being held open it should be missing i would think. I just bought a 3020 which was popping out the exhaust and it wiped a lobe off the cam

YUP..OUT THAT DUCK BILL RUBBER THINGY...NEVER NOTICED IT before tho but its usually not running when im up there..it runs fine..plenty of power...over 3000 hrs...still strong and runs smooth so...ill pull the cover this summer and lash the valves to be sure...using it too much right now.

I need a radiator..whos got a hookup on that deal??

Back