97 keeps blowing freeze plugs out

what is weird is that all simmer long i had my t stat out and when i was done and parked the truck if it sat for a week or whatever and i popped the hood to work on it the cooling system still had pressure on it almost like it never lost any pressure...
the last time i blew a head gasket it was doing the samething but it was blowing coolant out the overflow and filling up the tank and dumping it on the ground. also i couldnt even start the truck and pop the cap it had so much press it blew it in my eyes.
im figuring its a head gasket i just dont want to pull the head and put a new gasket in.
maybe i should place a wanted ad for mechanic to work on my truck for the same labor rate i charge my self to do it???? haha someone might want to do it for me

bum deal about the head gasket! Polings truck blew the plug out just above the trans housing so thats why we went with the rubber plug. Seems to work fine but his head gasket is intact..... for now...
Bring it up Ill help ya change it

Ian

haha thanks ian but i have a shop here its a long haul for me to michigan and besides the motor mght b coming back out again looks like it needs some fresh paint.. or something like that lol. i believe it will be sitting till after christmas and i dont think u want my truck sitting in ur shop taking up space but thanks anyways.
today i talked to brad ingram and he seems to think i need to upgrade to 14mm studs.. i dont think so not me gonna stick with my 12 mm studs and i was told i also prolly need to get a new head. we will see when i tear into it, but reguardless im sending the head out to be prettied up.
thanks for all the input
jeremy snow

Back