Peterbilt 359 3406b

Don’t trip on your lip on the way out. Come to the non-oem side and you’ll see how the real world functions. Then when you hear “you can’t do that” about stuff you’ve been doing for years you will understand where we’re coming from.
What are you filling the heads with?

CAT has done this in retaliation to people doing overhauls and applying OPT coverage on engines that never had the protrusion checked. You end up with an overhaul at 1.2m and back apart by 1.5m

We are seeing the shim gaskets leak oil with the higher protrusion, and no aviation sealer applied.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The performance market proves that crap wrong daily, you think Detroit and Eaton would approve of turning a DDEC5 to 1500hp and dumping the clutch at 2000rpm hooked to a trailer weighing 100k? They will tell you how you have to change all the internals and complete driveline to turn a 500 to a 550. We’ve become numb to that chit anymore. Leon Smith - YouTube
He forgot to lock the diffs.

Its funny, friend of mine workin at the local kw house said just this year (i believe) mother cat said they want liner portrusions set at 5-6 thous now. And new headbolts on any engine gettin a warranty. He told the rep that he'd been doin that for 20 yrs. (Sense the 5ek days). Thats how he tought me 10 years ago. Lol.

What happened to the .0015-.006 or “close enough” spec?

Thanks for the info.

I won't buy a aluminum frame.

I'll have to sit in it to see how much room there is.

It will be a toy mostly. The wiring by the pictures is one of the things that is a mess. That is fine, I pretty much plan to rip it all out and re-do it. I am looking for a solid foundation with a good running motor and I can play with all the other cosmetics.

I'll have to get some more information and report back.

I see the ad is still up for the 359 you posted. Have you looked at it in person?

why won't you buy one with aluminum frame?

I see the ad is still up for the 359 you posted. Have you looked at it in person?

why won't you buy one with aluminum frame?

I haven't had a chance to look at it. I had to leave town for work. I got back the other day so I might get a chance to look at it.

Just a little nervous of the aluminum cracking and what not.

Back