clutch issues

ok so i got the whole truck back together. fork is in properly. the lettering towards the anchor ball. the fork has like 1/16 inch of in and out play. absolutely no side to side play. however the clutch will not disengage. i believe the throw out bearing in jamming on the shaft or something along those lines. if thats the case what so i do cause the throw out bearing only goes in one way in order to line up with the input shaft.

That's not near enough play, and also I would think that it would cause it to be eaiser to release. You should have about 1 inch or so of travel. How did the clutch look when you had it out? has this truck ever had a dual disc? We need to make a tool to check it, can you make a plate that bolt where the slave goes, weld a nut in the center and get a piece of all thread? if not I will make you one, If you would have called me when you had it out, I would have been more than happy to go over a few things, like checking the disc flatness, pivot ball for wear,and a couple other things. also what happend to your old clutch, the reason you replaced it? I"m here to help you.

Last edited:
i tried to call you this afternoon but you didnt answer and i didnt know what to leave on a message. this truck has never had a dual disc. it was bone stock when i got it. truck only has 84kmiles on it. the pivot ball has no wear at all. the clutch was replaced cause i put a #100 plate in the truck and she slipped the crap outa her to the point the truck wouldnt move in 5th gear.

Back