Starting to look for a dd for my 99 with a 6spd

99GreenCummins

That guy....
Just starting to look for a clutch for my truck. I have a 99 Dodge cummins with a nv5600 swapped into it. On average I daily drive it for the most part but I do pull our gooseneck a lot during the summer loaded upwards of 14k lbs.

My truck makes 400hp right now but I have plans to make 550 or so in the next couple of years.

Any suggestions of what would work well for my set up now would be greatly appreciated.

Either the organic or ceramic. If you have plans on running an actual 550hp, you will probably hurt the organic. The organic is rated right at 550hp and the ceramic is rated at 650hp. The organic is smoother engaging than the ceramic and more driver friendly but will not hold the power like the ceramic. With ceramic you will be able to pull trailers but the aggression when backing up will be grater. Both of these clutches are not competition oriented but the ceramic will take alot more abuse.

Note, any DD from us will make a rattle noise when the peddle is pressed in. This is completely normal and is NOT a throwout bearing issue.

I am going to assume that this clutch will require a hydraulic upgrade? What plate options are there?

I am not really worried about it being jumpy when backing up, my truck is now and that is just part of having a dual disk in the truck. Rattle isn't a bad, i know its gunna happen.

What kind of price would be looking at? Do you know?

If your hydraulics are in good working order you can maybe get by for a while to save penny's. The nice thing about it is that you can have the ability to adjust the pedal and not have high pedal that could lead to premature wear with one of our kits. I will PM you a price.

Back