Mishimoto Blows Up an Intercooler!

#1- Not putting anything called "mishimoto" or any other rice burner name on my truck #2- "Dude" in the video sounds way too effeminate to be taken seriously.

if you have nothing of value to add to this other then this junk, go away.

I'd also like to see where there ic pops as well. I'm planning on getting one of these soon to replace my leaky factory unit

This is a burst pressure only test. It proves nothing about performance, cooling, flow, etc. Why don't the ones that are off track come up with telling them how to test it better with usable results instead of shovin' the thread off into the weeds? Savvy? :D

So, Mishimutototo. Are you planning on additional testing or was this just some you did for fun to try to prove something? Do you desire follow up testing or no?

I thought the test was good. Like stated before, better than some of the other manufactures have done, others not doing any public tests.

I do, however, feel that adding a little heat, and some more CFM would be a good test to post up. Be more of a stress test than a burst test. Plus most of us just like to see stuff blow up, plain and simple! :rockwoot:

I like Mishimoto stuff, we have four of their radiators and four of their inter-coolers on the shelf here and are quality products. I plan on running one of their radiators in my pickup. And if they made a 2nd gen inter-coolers Id run one of them as well.

I don't get how cfm matters. Isn't pressure whats going to blow it? I understand wanting to test flow rates, but i thought this was just a stress test?

I agree. I wasn't bashing the "Burst Test", but they said they'd like comments. My only comment is that it didn't seem very professional, especially for the nice facility and products they put out.

Also, I'm with Murphy. If they make a 2nd gen intercooler, I'd consider buying one.

I don't get how cfm matters. Isn't pressure whats going to blow it? I understand wanting to test flow rates, but i thought this was just a stress test?

Obviously their compressor only put out so much CFM to create 125psi. More CFM would create more PSI right ? Not saying that 125psi isn't MORE than enough for most trucks out there that will be running an Air to Air vs competition trucks that produce more than that are usually running Water/Air. But simply just to see what the actually burst PSI of the intercooler is, for chits and giggles. That's all I was saying. Plus adding heat to simulate a real world application, so-to-speak.

if you have nothing of value to add to this other then this junk, go away.

I'd also like to see where there ic pops as well. I'm planning on getting one of these soon to replace my leaky factory unit

Sweet! Let me know if you have any questions about our products before you purchase yours. :)

Thanks,
Tyler

Yea, it's a cool video of it blowing up, but the test is way under par for a company building this kind of product. That video makes Mishimoto look far less professional than the pics we saw of their facility.

You should know it needs to be tested beyond 125 psi, and definitely add heat into the equation.

This is a burst pressure only test. It proves nothing about performance, cooling, flow, etc. Why don't the ones that are off track come up with telling them how to test it better with usable results instead of shovin' the thread off into the weeds? Savvy? :D

So, Mishimutototo. Are you planning on additional testing or was this just some you did for fun to try to prove something? Do you desire follow up testing or no?

I thought the test was good. Like stated before, better than some of the other manufactures have done, others not doing any public tests.

I do, however, feel that adding a little heat, and some more CFM would be a good test to post up. Be more of a stress test than a burst test. Plus most of us just like to see stuff blow up, plain and simple! :rockwoot:

I like Mishimoto stuff, we have four of their radiators and four of their inter-coolers on the shelf here and are quality products. I plan on running one of their radiators in my pickup. And if they made a 2nd gen inter-coolers Id run one of them as well.

Thanks for your input! I totally agree, everyone loves explosions! :Cheer:

This test was intended purely as a stress test to show the advantages of our cast aluminum end tanks over plastic end tanks. We have engineering reports on our website which outline more testing data, showing decreases in air intake temps, reduced pressure drop, and more efficient heat dissipation.

We also have several customers who are running 100psi+ on our intercoolers, and have nothing but positive things to say about them! On top of that, all of our products come with a lifetime warranty! :)

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
Tyler

Seen a few tests like this, claim to hold 100psi. Thats great but try adding some heat and a couple 3 pressure surges like oh I dont know turbo's spooling. Hereis a pic of a intercooler guaranteed to hold 100psi....it let go @ 65psi on the freeway on ramp

Notice where it split, welds on the corners always give!

Jim

The video shows exactly what it was supposed to show. I would like to see another video of a failure test on your unit though to see what the burst pressure is.

I had one of their universal 31x12x4 on my crew cab. Had it up to 95psi quite a few times and still no leaks or breaks. If they would do bigger universals id buy another.

Sweet! Let me know if you have any questions about our products before you purchase yours. :)

Thanks,
Tyler

Thanks for your input! I totally agree, everyone loves explosions! :Cheer:

This test was intended purely as a stress test to show the advantages of our cast aluminum end tanks over plastic end tanks. We have engineering reports on our website which outline more testing data, showing decreases in air intake temps, reduced pressure drop, and more efficient heat dissipation.

We also have several customers who are running 100psi+ on our intercoolers, and have nothing but positive things to say about them! On top of that, all of our products come with a lifetime warranty! :)

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
Tyler
Any plans for a intercooler for 2nd gen dodges?

Notice where it split, welds on the corners always give!

Jim

I prefer to have the sheetmetal bent at the corner and then the weld being performed on a different plane.

I was looking at the exact same thing.

That is why we use cast aluminum end tanks! Plus, the cast end tanks are formed better for optimum flow. :)

I had one of their universal 31x12x4 on my crew cab. Had it up to 95psi quite a few times and still no leaks or breaks. If they would do bigger universals id buy another.

Awesome! Shoot me over some pictures, I'd love to see the set up! :rockwoot:

Any plans for a intercooler for 2nd gen dodges?

It's a possibility! I will talk with the R&D department about it. :)

I prefer to have the sheetmetal bent at the corner and then the weld being performed on a different plane.

I was looking at the exact same thing.

You know it bud, Mike Duffy (MDRC) race cars taught me that a long time ago, always look at the pressure points, the pressure in the corner is higher due to the trap point (my language).

My 10 year old PDR 12V intercooler has never had an issue but it uses factory cast tanks welded on to the intercooler.

Jim

Back