11 blade billet vs. 6 blade billet

Mitch, The wheel was designed as a group effort and in the end it came out at that weight. Weight wasn't even a factor in the design, when it was finished we weighed it and the results are above. To be honest making the wheel lighter is not hard its just a couple clicks in the modeling software. Its that "per square inch" thing when it comes to pressure, building more pressure is just more force on the blades and bodies. Harmonics are part of it too, Thin it up to make it lighter and those waves just hammer on them till they crack. Those factors keep the weight of it as less of a concern and move strength back to the forefront. Our goal was to correct the slumping torque and HP curves from the S366 dyno runs this past fall. Gaining as much back on those curves as the other wheel lost the goal was reached. More air sooner in the powerband without sacrificing top end or strength. These gains will make a bigger street charger drive smaller one with the same turbine side. Opening of the turbine side to help your top end can be made without as much loss down low. Those were the issues we targeted when we started this wheel.

Chris in reading this and if I understand correctly, could I switch to your 66 Billet wheel and open up my turbine to a 14cm without losing to much spool up? If so that would be awesome dude!!

Last edited:
Chris in reading this and if I understand correctly, could I switch to your 66 Billet wheel and open up my turbine to a 14cm without losing to much spool up? If so that would be awesome dude!!

So far the turbine housing swaps have been in the T4 family. We have a T3 comparison lined up. Did you ever sort out your rattle? You might want that bigger housing if you're going with more fuel now.

Def recommend the .91 T4 Housing, whether on the CR or the DMax, they drive as nice or better than the T3 housings. With the CRs the manifold upgrade is def a big help!

Caleb

So far the turbine housing swaps have been in the T4 family. We have a T3 comparison lined up. Did you ever sort out your rattle? You might want that bigger housing if you're going with more fuel now.

From what im gathering its just the bigger stix, they are adding more fuel during the pilot injection and thats causing the rattle, as soon as boost hits 5psi or so it gose away so we are hopeing that with EFI live we can address this issue alot of trucks are having.

Im gonna stay with my DDP 90's and dont plan to go any bigger, may try some different tips some time but will stay in the 90-100 range.
Im just curious how one of your 66 Billet wheels and a 14cm housing would do on my truck, kinda think it would do pretty good since Ive got a 6sp, T4 would be the shizzy but wouldnt I have to have a T4 manifold?
I just kickin some ideas around with drive pressure in mind....

Buddy, give me a call about it sometime. You switched to a 2nd gen manifold if I remember right. We could try a T4 on there pretty easy. Chris

Mitch, The wheel was designed as a group effort and in the end it came out at that weight. Weight wasn't even a factor in the design, when it was finished we weighed it and the results are above. To be honest making the wheel lighter is not hard its just a couple clicks in the modeling software. Its that "per square inch" thing when it comes to pressure, building more pressure is just more force on the blades and bodies. Harmonics are part of it too, Thin it up to make it lighter and those waves just hammer on them till they crack. Those factors keep the weight of it as less of a concern and move strength back to the forefront. Our goal was to correct the slumping torque and HP curves from the S366 dyno runs this past fall. Gaining as much back on those curves as the other wheel lost the goal was reached. More air sooner in the powerband without sacrificing top end or strength. These gains will make a bigger street charger drive smaller one with the same turbine side. Opening of the turbine side to help your top end can be made without as much loss down low. Those were the issues we targeted when we started this wheel.

Thanks Chris, forgot I even posted about thisLOL

Sounds like you guys got yourself a winner with that wheel

Back