.68 exhaust housing

dieselscout

How does someone convert that to square centimeters? Or what is the squared centimeters of a .68 ar exhaust housing?
Thanks

John

There is no direct conversion. A/R is simply an area/radius ratio. When you figure out how cm2 is calculate I would like to know. Is it volume of the housing? Does the area of the turbine wheel play into it?

Last edited:
If you take a .70 a/r housing for a 65mm turbine wheel it may be close to 12cm. Once you cut it to fit a 74mm turbine wheel what is it? Is it still .70 a/r? Can it still be called 12cm?

Since a .70 is 12cm2, and an .80 is 14cm2...a .68 would be just under a 12cm2.

Thats my guess.

But it varies with what frame turbo you are measuring. I'm assuming that is from a s300 frame.

If you take a .70 a/r housing for a 65mm turbine wheel it may be close to 12cm. Once you cut it to fit a 74mm turbine wheel what is it? Is it still .70 a/r? Can it still be called 12cm?

Yes

Inducer 76mm
Exduxer 58mm
Dose that help

No, Just curious as to why need to know cm when you have the a/r?

No, Just curious as to why need to know cm when you have the a/r?[/QUOTE]

Cause I have a good understanding on cm2 housings for size but really not a good idea on a.r ratios. I am wanting to use this turbo for my small charger on my twin setup. But if the exhaust housing is smaller then stock them now,but if it is closer to a 14 or16cm housing I would like to use it.

Back