grid heater plate

just under 5 hrs..wasnt bad....cummins dumbness... lol..that karen from town dont know how we are out here...test runs for the dually up and down that road!

i got pics if yall really gotta have em

which one?> lol i removed it..tapped it for a 1/4 npt and plugged it..ground off the mounts for the grid and put it back on...lol...i aint buying nothing i dont hafta for this pos

You sound like you could be a first gen owner with that kind of thriftiness. Makes sense to me, I always say it doesn't need to look pretty it just needs to work.

Nice work G. Cost you zero dollars to potentially save thousands.

thanks jeff....your idea to tap and plug it worked perfect...metal gaskets...

i didnt even have to remove the last 2 inj lines..just slid it out from under the rail.....all the bennies and none of the cost..time is all i got and now a huge piece of mind. and its all yer fault jeff!:Cheer::Cheer:

dayum. i didnt think i suck as a wrench but those internet guys couldvr done that grid htr job in 45 mins and it took me almost 4 hrs..god walk among us...i thought i did pretty good too..gawd i suck

Aw, hell, it was the first time. Next time would have 1/2 of that time. The next, 1/4. It's hard to get super fast at something you might do once every 10 years. Don't let it bother ya. You save a ton of money and just traded it for some time.

dayum. i didnt think i suck as a wrench but those internet guys couldvr done that grid htr job in 45 mins and it took me almost 4 hrs..god walk among us...i thought i did pretty good too..gawd i suck

:hehe: Half the battle is knowing what tools are required.

Aw, hell, it was the first time. Next time would have 1/2 of that time. The next, 1/4. It's hard to get super fast at something you might do once every 10 years. Don't let it bother ya. You save a ton of money and just traded it for some time.

hell i dont care. did it myself. did alotta walkin back and forth for tools for sure..the metric stuff is in the garage and truck in the shop. 150 ft apart...but i didnt slack and thought 4 hrs was good.

15mm here. I blame my kids, my wife, the dogs. As a fellow I used to work with would say, “Never take the blame for something you can blame on somebody else.”

Last edited:
Back