Delivery Valves

1972RedNeck

I have heard and been told several times that once you get to a certain size delivery valve you won't pick up any more power by going bigger, but EGTs will still go up with bigger DVS.

Is this true?

If so, how can it increase EGTs without gaining power? Does it change the duration or intensity of the injection event, making it less efficent?

Thoughts?

Valid question. In theory, higher egt equals higher energy, and more power. Take a look at Newtons 4th law of thermodynamics. You're going to find the answer there.

Valid question. In theory, higher egt equals higher energy, and more power. Take a look at Newtons 4th law of thermodynamics. You're going to find the answer there.
Wasn't it Clessy that published peak efficiency was obtained with an egt of roughly 600 degrees?

EGT will increase if the mechanical leverage of the load exceeds the ability of the engine to accelerate (stall state). The rotating assembly has to be able to convert gas expansion into motion, otherwise the energy is rejected as other energy: heat, sound, vibration. Same concept as kicking down a gear to increase the mechanical leverage of the engine over the powertrain. Also the function behind spinning a sled puller up with no load and then inducing a load so that thermal rejection builds enough exhaust energy to spool the turbos.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

I have heard and been told several times that once you get to a certain size delivery valve you won't pick up any more power by going bigger, but EGTs will still go up with bigger DVS.

Is this true?

If so, how can it increase EGTs without gaining power? Does it change the duration or intensity of the injection event, making it less efficent?

Thoughts?
I'm guessing after a certain size (flow) that atomization drops off and you end up with unburnt fuel igniting in exhaust once it gains access to the oxygen provided by exhaust overlap.

I can't see running past a 7mm on the street but I never got to run many others to compare.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Back