New 6.70/5.90 drag truck build.

Well, it’s been a little while since I updated this because not a whole lot has changed. I started re-wiring the truck for the new transmission with trans brake and bump box. I got the trans back from Logan and it is awesome, I can’t wait to try it out.

I have been going back and forth on putting a mid plate in, but I still need to go through the engine and install some Wagler billet rods I got for it. I want to build the 5.9 shortblock up a little before I put bigger injectors in it. It has had some bearing material in the filters and I noticed it has a little excessive end play in the crank, so I’m sure it needs a thrust bearing. Hopefully the crank is still good and I can keep using it. It measured .019”, my book says .017” is Max spec. I have a 6.7 block and crank waiting for me do decide what I want to do... I really want a deckplate engine, my wallet doesn’t though.

Well, it’s been a little while since I updated this because not a whole lot has changed. I started re-wiring the truck for the new transmission with trans brake and bump box. I got the trans back from Logan and it is awesome, I can’t wait to try it out.

I have been going back and forth on putting a mid plate in, but I still need to go through the engine and install some Wagler billet rods I got for it. I want to build the 5.9 shortblock up a little before I put bigger injectors in it. It has had some bearing material in the filters and I noticed it has a little excessive end play in the crank, so I’m sure it needs a thrust bearing. Hopefully the crank is still good and I can keep using it. It measured .019”, my book says .017” is Max spec. I have a 6.7 block and crank waiting for me do decide what I want to do... I really want a deckplate engine, my wallet doesn’t though.

Keep at it man! You’re going to love the Loganbuilt transmission.

Update:

I got some 500% over King Cobra injectors, and decided to build a new sleeved 6.7.

Specs:
D&J flanged sleeves
D&J billet 4.125” custom pistons
D&J 14mm main girdle
D&J steel cam and tappets
Wagler competition rods
6.7 crank
6.7 block

I plan on probably selling some turbos and buying a GTX55 in 88 or 85mm. I haven’t made up my mind on CP3(s). I have a PPE dual pump kit with stock dmax pump and 10.6mm stroker... I would really like to just run a single 14mm I’m just not sure if it can support the HP I am after. I saw S&S makes a 14mm with a mechanical lift pump on the back. That would be really awesome because I wouldn’t need a billet cover, and I could remove my two Air Dog 165s. That pump would save me about 70lbs off my truck after it’s all done.

I also bought an On3 intercooler and plan on building new cold piping with Vibrant Vanjen fittings and move the radiator to the bed.

Back