Need help/advice- new build-no start issue

Not sure if you know but top dead center happens twice per cycle, compression stroke (the one you want) and exhaust stroke. did you make sure both #1 valves were loose on tdc? the pump can go in 180* out and not run.... sorry if you already knew this....

I got it started, thanks 95cummins, I cleaned it good with everything you mentioned and torqued it down. I had made a foolish rookie mistake and motor was not at true TDC but instead I installed it 180* off.
Again thanks for the info, once i pulled the pin cover off again to find the pump pin I went up and felt the #1 valves, they were not loose. Immediately knew what i did wrong.
Thats what I get for being in a hurry.

Looks like you thanked the wrong dude... .

Quick run down, rebuilt my spare truck’s 12 valve. Stock build but added the beginner mods. 1996 12 Valve 215 p-pump manual trans

Stock pistons, stock cam,16 degree ppump timing, 60 valve springs, 4K gsk’s, lift pump spring upgrade, -8 fuel lines with sump, dual feed, 24v oil pump, 13in ceramic clutch.

Once together I bled fuel, got fuel leaking from each injector, tightened down and attempted starting. No go. Won’t even fire off and try to start. Pretty sure starter is on its way out after trying for so long. Works currently but will stick in “starting” position at times, after repeated start attempts.

So I checked injection timing, thinking it may have slipped. Nope, still where I set it. Checked cam timing, “0” and “00” are where they are suppose to be. I had pulled ppump to reset to pin time (couldn’t see timing flange in pump. Putting back together at stock timing now)

I’m out of ideas. Other than maybe the crankshaft might be out 180 from the cam. Is that possible? I had cyl 1 at tdc when I put the bottom together and assumed that putting the cam mark with the crank mark would be good enough. But is it possible that it could be off and cause the no start?

Cliffs.
Rebuilt short block
New fuel system
No start
Ppump timing good
Cam/crank mark good
Fuel shut off valve is up when starting

Good rule of thumb is to crank for 15-20 seconds then wait a min or two.
You'll burn that starter up faster than you think.

Back