Aluminum Fabricated diff covers

Is aluminum mandatory? All the fabricated ones I see are steel. PMF, Revolution Gear, Ballistic. The only aluminum one I know of is the cast aluminum Dana 80 cover made by Dana Spicer.

I searched all the aftermarket covers out available out there I could find and bought these the nodular iron Dana Spicer aftermarket ones but I may have bought the last Dana 60 one in the country. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sdh-10023536?seid=srese1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsbnZ7rj46gIVZz2tBh04zwEyEAQYASABEgJtUPD_BwE 10023537 Spicer Dana 80 Rear Nodular Iron Differential Cover

Running out of stationary parts to polish, now searching for more huh?!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Running out of stationary parts to polish, now searching for more huh?!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Not interested in heavy 3/8" thick steel covers. I have chromed stocker covers now.

Seen the fabbed steel ones. Why not aluminium?

I think they're always steel because the goal is for impact strength since they're mainly use is for offroading. I don't know fabricating or material pricing so I don't know of cost of material or aluminum welding comes into play too.

I think they're always steel because the goal is for impact strength since they're mainly use is for offroading. I don't know fabricating or material pricing so I don't know of cost of material or aluminum welding comes into play too.

No i get they are fabbed out of heavy plate steel for off road abuse.....

I have no plans to beat on my truck in the woods though. :hehe:

I could make you one out of aluminum foil since they aren’t really going to be “used”...:poke:

This banks covers looks pretty wierd in my opinion. Saw one on a truck last week they looks even goffier in person.

Well, we could do it. If you have a design in mind, let me know, you have my number(s) otherwise, we'd start from the flange and build from there.

I seen some you weld em steel fab covers. And like the idea. If i had to go with a cast aluminum covers i would want casted in raised middle fingers for the design for the haters......

I could make you one out of aluminum foil since they aren’t really going to be “used”...:poke:

I have no timeline on my piece, its paid for, no rust, and i am origonal owner. If it was a 70 hemi cuda would you think differently?

I. Am. In. No. Rush.

Back