Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > NHRDA
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

NHRDA Get info on NHRDA events and results here

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 11:46 AM   #41
Subman631

Name: Subman631
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipF View Post
I agree, I raced 10.90 the first year it started, I had a good time, had some very close races down to a .003 win margins. It was fun but the class didn't have much people in it so it was hard to say if it was going to take off or not. I was at the point that I needed to build an engine so I just took the leap to super street since I was putting that much money into the motor anyways. Now super street is just a battle of who can apply the most power down without spinning, if you spin your done. If my truck wasn't past the point of no return I'd probably come back and race 10.90, just as fun and a lot cheaper. I wouldn't even consider jumping to super street for all the current 10.90 guys, we just want more people to race lol
Super Street is crazy fast for the weight they carry. When we built Max'd Out, I wanted a 9 second street legal truck. We broke into the 9's within a couple of months of finishing the truck. We pretty much owned that class for several years. About the only time we lost is when we broke something. My idea of a diesel race truck was a full body and frame truck that you drove to the line, and back to the pits under it's own power with no nitrous.

The class now is headed into the 8's and trucks like Max'd Out are old school, still makes a sh!t load of power but can't 60 well enough to hang with the top trucks. You can't build and support a 8 second truck unless you are crazy rich or have really good sponsors. The 10.90 class makes it possible for a guy on a budget to race a fast truck and have a hell of a lot of fun.

There were a number of guys who were wanting a 10 second (either 10.5 or 10.9) class and NHRDA added one. The only way it will last is for guys/gals to support it and race. There were a total of 25 trucks that competed in the 10.90 class last year, largest field was 9 trucks. There were a total of 78 trucks that raced 11.90, (super diesel) with the largest truck count in one race being 30.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:40 PM   #42
2Tone12V

Name: 2Tone12V
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subman631 View Post
Super Street is crazy fast for the weight they carry. When we built Max'd Out, I wanted a 9 second street legal truck. We broke into the 9's within a couple of months of finishing the truck. We pretty much owned that class for several years. About the only time we lost is when we broke something. My idea of a diesel race truck was a full body and frame truck that you drove to the line, and back to the pits under it's own power with no nitrous.

The class now is headed into the 8's and trucks like Max'd Out are old school, still makes a sh!t load of power but can't 60 well enough to hang with the top trucks. You can't build and support a 8 second truck unless you are crazy rich or have really good sponsors. The 10.90 class makes it possible for a guy on a budget to race a fast truck and have a hell of a lot of fun.

There were a number of guys who were wanting a 10 second (either 10.5 or 10.9) class and NHRDA added one. The only way it will last is for guys/gals to support it and race. There were a total of 25 trucks that competed in the 10.90 class last year, largest field was 9 trucks. There were a total of 78 trucks that raced 11.90, (super diesel) with the largest truck count in one race being 30.
I disagree with... I'm def not rich and I don't have big money sponsors. It can be done but it takes patience and a few years of investing in the truck and continuing to make it better to get there. I'm sure there was plenty of support getting max'd out going or keeping it going.
My truck WAS a complete frame and body until this week. But weight is weight to me. Doesn't matter how you get to 6000 lbs as long as you are there. I cut a bunch of weight out of mine since I run some pro street when available. And having a 1500 lbs weight disadvantage is no good. So I cut weight out and will put weight in for my super street events.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg file1.jpg (191.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg file4.jpg (295.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg rad2.jpg (182.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1538.jpg (167.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1536.jpg (160.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1542.jpg (257.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1551.jpg (213.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1552.jpg (199.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by 2Tone12V; 01-13-2017 at 12:43 PM.

Old 01-14-2017, 11:39 AM   #43
Subman631

Name: Subman631
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tone12V View Post
I disagree with... I'm def not rich and I don't have big money sponsors. It can be done but it takes patience and a few years of investing in the truck and continuing to make it better to get there. I'm sure there was plenty of support getting max'd out going or keeping it going.
My truck WAS a complete frame and body until this week. But weight is weight to me. Doesn't matter how you get to 6000 lbs as long as you are there. I cut a bunch of weight out of mine since I run some pro street when available. And having a 1500 lbs weight disadvantage is no good. So I cut weight out and will put weight in for my super street events.
No you are correct first couple of years it was me, after that the truck had some great sponsors, but I was out of it by then. Still expensive to race no matter what, I put on 17,000 miles driving to races in 2012. Nothing close around here now, closest race is the new one in Sacramento.which is just shy of 500 miles.

Closed Thread