selling

gwhammy

What should a person do selling something on here and not having paypal. I've dealt with several on here over the years and usually just sent or received money and then sent the part. What would be the proper way? Thanks

I've done it many different ways.

PayPal, of course.
Money Order by mail.
Personal/Business check, but I make sure personal Checks clear, before goods leave.
Money Gram or Western Union.
Bank transfers, which are my least favorite, due to the information exchanged to do it.

I've also met up with folks and just traded cabbage for iron. :)

If you're selling, my pet peeve is PACKING parts, most people have ZERO clue how the hell to do it and it irritates me to no end.
You get people who are too damned cheap to put something in a box with ADEQUATE material, then you get a part that's wallowed around in the box, because UPS, FedEx, or USPS, feels like playing kickball with every package that comes down the line and YOUR (MY) package happens to be the one that has that piss poor packing job that destroys an ECM, or a bell housing, or a pump, or a set of injectors.

Properly used and with other supporting materials, the harder white (or green, or pink) packing peanuts are a godsend.
The cat rope/dog turd looking ones suck. :(
Just bag whatever is packed in them and that keeps the peanuts out of the wrong places.

Mark.

Back