10 second 1st gen

Making up two seconds is a cake walk. That’s why everyone and their mothers are running so quick for so cheap! I hear there will be a square body with a 6.5 in the deep 9’s this year, just as soon as they put the new air filter on.

It's funny how most of you guys have never even drag raced a 1st gen and your telling me it's impossible to run 10's lol.

It’s funny how selective your reading is.
Confirmation bias is real with you, I guess.

There’s no special powers because it’s a 1st gen, and some of the people that have commented know a great deal about the game. You can’t pick what you consider good/bad advice just because it is/isn’t what you wanted to hear.

Pretty much everyone here is going to shoot you straight, but if you know something we don’t, by all means, crush all of our preconceptions.

Last edited:
Im just basing everything off what I did over 6 years ago when I ran a 12.34 @106 in a 89 d250, the truck was turned up, advanced timing, h1c with a 18cm housing and nitrous. Besides that it was all stock. Injectors, head bolts, 727 trans, converter, even the lift pump was stock. So at 4900 lbs it was making close to 450hp to the ground.

True im not racing now, but im probably the only one in this thread that has actually drag raced a 1st gen and has gone a fast as i did with really nothing done to the truck. I already magically found enough fuel to make 450hp on an all but stock truck so another 150hp should be no problem.

True im not racing now, but im probably the only one in this thread that has actually drag raced a 1st gen and has gone a fast as i did with really nothing done to the truck. I already magically found enough fuel to make 450hp on an all but stock truck so another 150hp should be no problem.

Damn. You can see through all of us. We are all just keyboard racers and never actually set tire on a 1/4 mile track. Your rose colored glasses must fit quite well.

You are who we thought you were. A guy here to try and get us to reinforce your ideas. You weren't here for advice or any actual input on how to do anything. You are why the forums are dying as a whole.

If you think cutting 2 seconds off of your track times and adding 150+hp is no big deal then you are a phucking moron.

There are people in here that have made drag racing 1st gens their passion btw.

I'm not a racer, but I like to read about all motorsports, and 150hp just doesn't sound like it'd be near enough to drop 2 seconds, with no chassis changes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

You are who we thought you were. A guy here to try and get us to reinforce your ideas. You weren't here for advice or any actual input on how to do anything. You are why the forums are dying as a whole.

If you think cutting 2 seconds off of your track times and adding 150+hp is no big deal then you are a phucking moron.

There are people in here that have made drag racing 1st gens their passion btw.

Look up my past threads, racing 1st gens is my passion. I probably have more experience racing 1st gens then anyone else on this forum And i knew when i started this thread most personal would say it's impossible when they have never ran a 1st gen down the 1/4 mile.

This right here says it all.
I’ve got a “friend” with a 1st gen that has a very similar attitude. Seems like too often guys with 1st gens and OBS Fords are kinda like this.
I’d be very surprised if you can pick up 150hp regardless what injector you run, versus the stock injectors.

There is a black 2wd "rat rod" I guess youd call it that races and I'm almost positive it's a VE pump. Runs mid 10's if I remember correctly. Like an early 30's ford pickup body or something similiar.

There is a black 2wd "rat rod" I guess youd call it that races and I'm almost positive it's a VE pump. Runs mid 10's if I remember correctly. Like an early 30's ford pickup body or something similiar.

Are you thinking of the Diesel Life roadster? I have heard it was a VE as well, but it isnt anywhere near 4500lbs.

Back