If you think you need a Fat Input Shaft, LOOK HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure of this post and its title.

Just because you haven't broke something, you claim no one needs to invest in something that is proven stronger?

Now I'm sure what you claim by getting the clearances right is a great move in the right area.
This makes sense because there is less slop in the transfer of power and parts don't get slammed against each other during shifts and vibrations, but moving up to something better is not a bad thing.

If there was no desire to make things better, we would have a lot of things in this world.
Might still be riding horses!!!!!!!!

The reason for this post is to let people know that its not necessary to spend several thousand dollars on a shaft upgrade that they dont need. And we are confident enough to offer a warranty against it. If you really wanna see that it isnt necessary, start a poll for the top guys in racing and see how many went from using the fat shafts back to using the stock size shafts. And why. There are more problems associated with the oversized shafts as far as fluid flow is concerned. Everyone in pro street that was running the oversized shafts has now went back to stock size. Another problem is, until lately, all the oversized shafts were bigger and stronger on the splines, but the base where the oiling holes was the same size, so they would still fail there. But the main point is, if the tranny is set up correctly, the stock size shaft works fine.

There is always a desire to improve things, but there are way too many bandaids in this industry. If you fix the cause of the problems, sometimes the problems disappear.

well said^^^.

and to fox: I think there's a little difference in upgrading to a phat shaft for the hell of it, and inventing automobiles..........If horses went 70 mph, had A/C, airbags, and held 4 people, we may have never upgraded to cars. LOL

You are ok, David, they are talking about trannys, not motors....or have you blown them up too that I don't know about? LOL

Broken one Sonnax Input, broke another Billet but forget brand, and twisted an Opie Billet Input.

My "Edit" was for other reasons... My tranny guy now offers a Fat upgrade for little over what a stock size cost. Soon to be around the same price as std. size.
Thread title & timing was interesting...

I believe in Goerends work 100% and he believes in my guys work, as he sends business to us and they talk & and share info.. Dave's good people in my book!!

We had 7 customers in one week contact us that have broken more than one input each, one guy has broke 5. 5 of the trannies came from the same place, the other two came from another. They all had one common problem that causes broken inputs. We fixed 4 of them so far and I can almost guarantee you that they will not break another one.

Since 2007, we have had ZERO input shaft failures. So i thought Id offer that knowledge to the public. Thats all. So you can ease your typical suspicions swole.

FWIW, I've heard of several ppl having problems with fat shafts. They changed the valve body and went back to stock size and didn't have anymore issues...

Sent from my paperweight

They are just facts. Feel free to call Goerend and ask if they have ever gotten a converter in from us for repair from a broken input. I do understand it being hard to believe for those that have broken them over and over.

Id love to explain in detail why it happens so often so people could better understand it. But that would never work on the forums, lol. It would get turned into something its not.

I guess one way to do it would be to have a poll and let people vote on how many they have broke and with what brand tranny. That way everyone could see if there was a common brand or brands that have the problem.

I guess one way to do it would be to have a poll and let people vote on how many they have broke and with what brand tranny. That way everyone could see if there was a common brand or brands that have the problem.

I think a "brand bashing" poll or thread would work against ya, honestly. Just keep it simple and keep building ones that don't break. Word of mouth will help you out fast enough. That is just my opinion.

They are just facts. Feel free to call Goerend and ask if they have ever gotten a converter in from us for repair from a broken input. I do understand it being hard to believe for those that have broken them over and over.

Id love to explain in detail why it happens so often so people could better understand it. But that would never work on the forums, lol. It would get turned into something its not.

I haven't had any problems with stock size shafts and neither have any of the trucks I've put transmissions in. I'm sure the builder I use and Dave use a very similar setup in the VB. I have heard of a few shops with a track record of broken shafts tho. I agree with the poll idea.
On a side note, I've had a few calls from 6.7 guys up closer to you that I sent your way. Hopefully they get with you so they can try to hang with my dinosaur haha:beer:

Sent from my paperweight

We had 7 customers in one week contact us that have broken more than one input each, one guy has broke 5. 5 of the trannies came from the same place, the other two came from another. They all had one common problem that causes broken inputs. We fixed 4 of them so far and I can almost guarantee you that they will not break another one.

Since 2007, we have had ZERO input shaft failures. So i thought Id offer that knowledge to the public. Thats all. So you can ease your typical suspicions swole.

He can guarantee they wont break it... for 30 days atleast. :hehe:

I'm only teasing BTW

Back