'03 6.0 fuel pressure problems

lone star

Howdy folks, Fixin' to pull my last few hairs out on this. After experiencing drastic power loss and eventual stalling My mechanic changed the fuel pump (already the second pump in 100 K miles) Left the shop, and it died three times before I could u-turn and get back.
After a few more tests it was determined the new fuel pump seemed to be no good, and was changed to another. The probem now even with the new pump is there's no pressure.
As I'm a nail banger and not a gearhead, I'm totaly in the dark as what to do next. Filters have been changed already before I went to the mechanic the first time. Anyone have a clue? Thanks lone star

Junk in the tank clogging the p/u tube? If two pumps are doing the same thing maybe check downstream for restrictions.

Do you have a way to check the fuel pressure? Ford makes a rebuild kit for the fuel pressure regulator on the top fuel bowl. It includes a new blue spring which ups the pressure. I changed mine and installed 6.4 banjo bolts and my pressure went from 45 psi at idle to 68 psi at idle.

Maybe try a new mechanic? Id pull the feed line to the pump, put it in a jug of diesel and check your FP. That will tell you if you need to drop the tank or not.

If it comes down to that, it is a lot easier to lift the bed (If you have the right equipment).

Back