Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > EFI Live Tuning Discussion (Cummins)
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 05:40 AM   #1
EFI Support

Name: EFI Support
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
EFILive 2010-2015 Cummins Support moves into beta

EFILive is pleased to announce that our beta program to support the Cummins 6.7L 2010-2012 ECM (CM2200) and the Cummins 6.7L 2013+ (CM2350B) has commenced. Like our support for the LML Duramax, we've had to make some technical adjustments to support these platforms compared to our usual method of platform support.

Re-flashing of both pickup and C&C tunes is working successfully, taking between 7 to 8 minutes on both ECM types, a significant improvement over the factory tool which generally takes about 25 minutes on the 2013+.

Click the image to open in full size.

Mapping for the 2010-2012 ECM, and the 2013+ ECM has been finalized over a select number of operating systems, and the Anti-Tuning disable patch on the 2010-2012 has been implemented in an identical fashion to the CM2100 2007-2009 6.7L ECM. Scan tool functionality is also being tested.

Click the image to open in full size.

Due to the ECM's architecture, 2010-2015 Cummins support does not adhere to the typical "EFILive process" for tuning supported vehicles. EFILive generally requires customers to first read and save their ECM file, then edit the calibrations before finally flashing the modified tune back into the vehicle, however it is not possible to read the CM2200 and CM2350 ECMs via the OBDII Port. Customers will need to obtain a base file for editing and flashing purposes, and It is expected that a library of stock tunes will be available prior to public release.

CSP5 for both ECM types is planned, however will not be available for our initial public release. Like CSP5 for existing platforms, the space constraints of each ECM will limit the parameters made available for switchable tuning.

Given the ECM controls both engine and transmission functionality for 68RFE equipped vehicles, transmission support is likely, however at this point of time development for transmission parameters has not commenced.

This confirmation of direction for expanded Cummins support also means that EFILive is now unable to dedicate the required resources for Cummins 2003-2005 SCI development in the foreseeable future. EFILive regretfully advises that after placing this project on hold for more than 12 months we will no longer pursue support for this platform, but will shift our focus to newer controllers. We would like to thank those people who ask regularly about SCI support, and wish them the best in finding a suitable tuning tool for their vehicle.

Beta software for 2010-2015 Cummins support is only available to existing EFILive beta testers. As soon as this software is thoroughly tested, a public pre-release version will be made available to all EFILive customers.

Regards,
The EFILive Development team

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Download EFILive software (for free)

2006-2016 DODGE CUMMINS
2001-2016 DURAMAX 6.6L
2014-2016 DURAMAX 2.8L

Custom Tuning Software NOW AVAILABLE

Old 12-01-2014, 01:55 PM   #2
JWhite

Name: JWhite
Title: Trained monkey
Member`s Gallery
So we have to obtain a stock file just like the LML?

How much is it to upgrade my black v2 to a blue one? Is that needed for the Cummins tuning if I buy the software license?

Old 12-01-2014, 02:10 PM   #3
Joesixpack

Name: Joesixpack
Title: Pull'n it.
Member`s Gallery
finally the death Nell for the 03-04.5 guys.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:19 PM   #4
joefarmer

Name: joefarmer
Title: MR. Supreme Overlord
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesixpack View Post
Had to chuckle a little over that one myself.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:37 PM   #5
EFI Support

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhite View Post
So we have to obtain a stock file just like the LML?

How much is it to upgrade my black v2 to a blue one? Is that needed for the Cummins tuning if I buy the software license?
All FlashScan V2 units support CAN based protocols as used on these two ECM's. You will need the Cummins Tuning Option if you don't already have that enabled.

Cheers
Cindy

2006-2016 DODGE CUMMINS
2001-2016 DURAMAX 6.6L
2014-2016 DURAMAX 2.8L

Old 12-01-2014, 02:49 PM   #6
JWhite

Name: JWhite
Title: Trained monkey
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Support View Post
All FlashScan V2 units support CAN based protocols as used on these two ECM's. You will need the Cummins Tuning Option if you don't already have that enabled.

Cheers
Cindy
Thank you.

What was the reason for updating to the Blue v2? For the SCI guys, which apparently doesn't matter any more?

Old 12-01-2014, 03:22 PM   #7
diesel_importer

Name: diesel_importer
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
This is the best news I've heard in a while!

Old 12-01-2014, 03:29 PM   #8
DDually

Name: DDually
Title: Still spooling..
Member`s Gallery
Lol. Poor 03-04 guys... They've been impatiently waiting for several years now then get kicked in the nuggets.

2001 VW TDI South bend, tune, nozzys, custom stuff that's rusting, one custom thing that's not rusting

Old 12-01-2014, 04:02 PM   #9
estrada5.9

Name: estrada5.9
Member`s Gallery
Awesome news.

03's are the next dinosaur anyhow.

Old 12-01-2014, 04:21 PM   #10
Freezingsystems

Name: Freezingsystems
Title: Modify Everything
Member`s Gallery
Awesome news EFI team.

I'm sure you know already but the need to fully remove the torque management on the 2012 autos. Currently having to flash a 2010 file disables the TM but we lose cruise control and add a CEL on the dash

Will there be full trans tuning available? That is key for making the switch for the 2010 + auto trucks.

Thank You!!!
92 W250 EFI 6.7 "OLD UGLY" 1292.7 HP #2

Old 12-01-2014, 06:16 PM   #11
phale

Name: phale
Member`s Gallery
A lot is still up in the air with 4th gen support. Today was literally day 1 of testing on actual vehicles. There is a lot of development left to do, but the tool does flash both ecm types once they are properly unlocked. Trans tuning for the 68 is on the list, but it may not be available on the first public release. I flashed a modified file into one of our trucks tonight, and it runs as expected.

Old 12-01-2014, 06:50 PM   #12
AHall

Name: AHall
Title: Hobbyist
Member`s Gallery
Will there be delete support? Tpms support? Can an autocal be upgraded to cummins software and used?

Prostreet F-100 Build Thread

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...112541&page=24

Old 12-01-2014, 07:00 PM   #13
Freezingsystems

Name: Freezingsystems
Title: Modify Everything
Member`s Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by phale View Post
A lot is still up in the air with 4th gen support. Today was literally day 1 of testing on actual vehicles. There is a lot of development left to do, but the tool does flash both ecm types once they are properly unlocked. Trans tuning for the 68 is on the list, but it may not be available on the first public release. I flashed a modified file into one of our trucks tonight, and it runs as expected.

I understand hats off to the EFI team and beta testers. Just so the list is clear maybe not the first release or even the second but in one release I would like to see the following.

1. 12 auto's with the dreaded TM, TC chastity belt delete.

2. 68 Tuning, delete the partial TCC apply for full ON lockup control.

3. RPM's. nuff said.

Thanks again for the response!
92 W250 EFI 6.7 "OLD UGLY" 1292.7 HP #2

Old 12-01-2014, 08:53 PM   #14
EFI Support

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhite View Post
Thank you.

What was the reason for updating to the Blue v2? For the SCI guys, which apparently doesn't matter any more?
We updated our hardware in 2009 to account for circuit board re-design and SCI communications protocols. We never offered an upgrade path from a black V2 to a blue V2, nor did be promote that customers should update. Both units were never sold side by side either - it was simply a case of new stock shipped with the board revision. The colour change was purely for customer support reasons.

Infact, I know I talked a number of people out of updating until support was delivered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDually View Post
Lol. Poor 03-04 guys... They've been impatiently waiting for several years now then get kicked in the nuggets.
Development for the CM2200 and CM2350 is expected to consume most of our resources for the next 12 months given RPM, CSP, EDA and other features scheduled after our first release.

We had 2 choices - tell everyone to hold off, we are not touching it for another 12 months, or please go find something else....we chose the latter option knowing we'd cop some flack, but still believe it's the better option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezingsystems View Post
Awesome news EFI team.

I'm sure you know already but the need to fully remove the torque management on the 2012 autos. Currently having to flash a 2010 file disables the TM but we lose cruise control and add a CEL on the dash

Will there be full trans tuning available? That is key for making the switch for the 2010 + auto trucks.

Thank You!!!
Sounds like a nasty repeat of when we first moved into Cummins....I still remember that disabling the PRND display on an Auto when you turned off Torque Reduction was 'the only way it could be done', and after we fixed that was told 'actually that was a software feature'. My skin still crawls just thinking about that. For fun; read the last page of this document which we originally wrote for the 06-07 5.9L http://content.efilive.com/documents...ce%20Notes.pdf

Transmission tuning WON'T be available on our first release, but it's in our plans for the new year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
Will there be delete support? Tpms support? Can an autocal be upgraded to cummins software and used?
Not part of the ECM - won't be a feature EFILive will be developing support for anytime soon. (I won't say never, but that's probably what should be said)

Deletes will not be available in the USA unless your laws change. They will be available in regions where they are legal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezingsystems View Post

I understand hats off to the EFI team and beta testers. Just so the list is clear maybe not the first release or even the second but in one release I would like to see the following.

1. 12 auto's with the dreaded TM, TC chastity belt delete.

2. 68 Tuning, delete the partial TCC apply for full ON lockup control.

3. RPM's. nuff said.

Thanks again for the response!
All on the list, I'd like to think the TM/TC can be resolved for first release.

Cheers
Cindy

2006-2016 DODGE CUMMINS
2001-2016 DURAMAX 6.6L
2014-2016 DURAMAX 2.8L

Old 12-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #15
Gwoody

Name: Gwoody
Title: Switchblade Turbos
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesixpack View Post
Yup, looks like all of the posts that they made about getting back to work on them after such and such was complete was pure Bull....!!!!!!!

Cheers
Garry

Old 01-06-2015, 10:07 AM   #16
Fou

Name: Fou
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Support View Post
We updated our hardware in 2009 to account for circuit board re-design and SCI communications protocols. We never offered an upgrade path from a black V2 to a blue V2, nor did be promote that customers should update. Both units were never sold side by side either - it was simply a case of new stock shipped with the board revision. The colour change was purely for customer support reasons.
Please be patient with me, I'm new to diesel. So I should not buy a use black V2? I should wait and buy the blue one when it's come out, since it has a revised board!

Thanks
Marc

Old 01-06-2015, 10:10 AM   #17
ComnRailPwr

Name: ComnRailPwr
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fou View Post
Please be patient with me, I'm new to diesel. So I should not buy a use black V2? I should wait and buy the blue one when it's come out, since it has a revised board!

Thanks
Marc
All new v2 sold in the last few years are blue. Blue is your only option new. Buy blue

Old 01-07-2015, 12:12 PM   #18
MAXX IT OUT

Name: MAXX IT OUT
Title: RUNS AGAIN
Member`s Gallery
Any word on the 2010-2015 Cummins Public Release?

Old 01-07-2015, 01:17 PM   #19
ComnRailPwr

Name: ComnRailPwr
Member`s Gallery
Official public release is probably a little ways out but their should be a public update containing the calibrations soon. The hardware beta testers have had the calibrations for quite some time now. We have had the calibrations in the software beta for a few weeks.

Old 01-07-2015, 01:51 PM   #20
Big Swole

Name: Big Swole
Title: MegaInterceptor
Member`s Gallery
Subscribed.
-2006 Honda S2000 - SOS Supercharged - 397 whp - Silverstone Metallic
-2016 RAM 2500 MegaCab Diesel - Silver (Tuned)
-HERS
-2019 718 Boxster S - Miami Blue 6MT, Cobb Tune, Soul, Ohlins,
-2014 958.1 Cayenne S - Umber Metallic / Luxor Beige
-2013 Honda Civic S.i.Coupe - 6MT

Closed Thread