Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 12:34 PM   #41
haloman

Name: haloman
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Wow craziness

Old 02-06-2008, 01:08 PM   #42
Diesel Freak

Name: Diesel Freak
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by banshee
Using the Stefan-Boltzmann law (spell it correctly) for radiant heat transfer is not the only means of heating up the airflow. Although you can argue that every little bit helps, the calcs prove that plastic vs. metal for a part such as this (or doing such things as removing the heating lines from a gasser valve body) affect the outlet temperatures only very minutely at max flow rates.

yeah my spellinnnnnnnnng sucks,

that's what I was hinting at. The real problen for flow is the grid heater (even then it is a minor issue and causes a 1-2 psi drop). IMO, other than having some extra bling under the hood, I'll stick with the stock piece...untill I get off my butt and build my own.

http://www.nwbombers.com

Old 02-07-2008, 02:36 PM   #43
Pat@BD

Name: Pat@BD
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFM+ Tech
First I would like to say thank you to the thousands of diesel truck owners who are using our products. It has been extremely rewarding to see how those who have purchased our intakes have understood that the CFM+ is the most advanced technology for the application and achieves the highest and coolest flow. The Diesel market is in for many more exciting advancements in the next few years and our patented leading edge technology will be a bigger and bigger player. We strive for the highest quality and all our CFM+ Intakes are MADE IN THE USA.

Finally I would like to let you all know we still do not have a single (0) warranty claim.

Thank you and May God Bless America,

CFM+
www.cfmplus.com

Looks like I saw number one then.

Last edited by Pat@BD; 02-07-2008 at 02:41 PM.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:43 PM   #44
Drifter

Name: Drifter
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
the flow that he is talking about would only be possible when there is no boost. as boost causes 'stagnant air' basically a big mass of air just sitting there waiting to get into the engine. so there is no need to worry about the flow of the intake horn only the pressure drop as a result of it, thats why the stock intake horn makes no less power than the aftermarket ones. its just nice to have some tapped water meth holes and or sensor locations. and its shiney!!!

the supposed Carbon fibre CFM intake is actually a carbon fibre look. which they tell you on the site, its just hardly noticeable.

Closed Thread