Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 05:24 PM   #21
BenM

Name: BenM
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
girdle

smokem, is the p/n you gave out the same as the standard girdle part from bobcat?

bobcat, is there any way around using the a1 studs i all ready have my 24v drilled and tapped for the arp 14mm. is there enough stud to use the girdle that ties the mains in with the arp's?

Old 02-05-2008, 05:27 PM   #22
triton

Name: triton
Title: Scarlet Fever
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by feelmecummin

The "mastermind" also claims boost psi over 60 on a CR requires 14mm head studs.
I don't think they even deal with 12mm. Scheids knowledge and diesel records are definitely not something to laugh at but, you gotta wonder about why they do the things they do sometimes.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:33 PM   #23
RascalMafia

Name: RascalMafia
Title: heyyyyyyy girrrrrrrl
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton
Scheids 12v knowledge and diesel records are definitely not something to laugh at but, you gotta wonder about why they do the things they do sometimes.
let me make a correction for you..
'01 F350 7.3 / ZF6

Last edited by RascalMafia; 02-05-2008 at 05:40 PM.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:03 PM   #24
Sarge1

Name: Sarge1
Title: Sarge
Member`s Gallery
BenM,

That part # is for a block stiffner plate from cummins. Other vendors take the part and mod it to go over the main caps.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:50 PM   #25
Bobcat698

Name: Bobcat698
Title: Pure Diesel Power
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton
well, one day I may see the affect of it because I'm not quite sure it was done but, when Scheid built my engine, they removed the gridle. I wanted to go with something more stout but, they told me the main studs wouldn't fit with it in there. I used A1 14mm.
The standard girdle will fit with the A1 14mm studs, though you need to drill holes in the girdle for the ends of the main studs to stick through.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:52 PM   #26
Bobcat698

Name: Bobcat698
Title: Pure Diesel Power
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenM
smokem, is the p/n you gave out the same as the standard girdle part from bobcat?

bobcat, is there any way around using the a1 studs i all ready have my 24v drilled and tapped for the arp 14mm. is there enough stud to use the girdle that ties the mains in with the arp's?
You can use the standard girdle without using the XL main studs, you just have to drill holes in the girdle to allow the protrusion of the main stud.

The longer stud is required when using the modified girdle we offer that offers integration of the main studs & girdle together.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:28 PM   #27
RedPuller

Name: RedPuller
Title: Diesel Inside
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat698
The longer stud is required when using the modified girdle we offer that offers integration of the main studs & girdle together.
So the ARP 14mm mains he will be using are not long enough for use with the modified girdle?......and I assume the XL Haisley studs are the only ones available for use with the modified girdle?

Joe

PURE DIESEL POWER
BROWN'S DIESEL
BIG POWER DIESEL
SOUTH BEND CLUTCH
GENO'S GARAGE
ARP

Old 02-07-2008, 04:13 PM   #28
Red Stroke

Name: Red Stroke
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
When you drill the girdle to clear 14mm studs, there isn't much material left on the sides of the holes. I added material in all these areas.

Here you can see how much more the 14s protrude than a stock bolt.

Click the image to open in full size.
White 01 Superduty, Ex-Cab SB, 4x4, Built 12V Cummins, HTS Billet 47RH, 8" Stack, 796 HP 1300 ft/lbs #2, 1374 HP 2500+ ft/lb on the gas.
What you don't measure, you can't control. What you can't control-you can't improve.

Last edited by Red Stroke; 02-07-2008 at 04:16 PM.

Closed Thread