Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > StarLite Diesel
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 01:05 AM   #1
StarLite Diesel

Name: StarLite Diesel
Title: EFILive Cummins Tester
Member`s Gallery
EFILive Training Class - Dodge and GM Tuning!

Hello all:

I am putting together a training class for EFILive customers as well as those on the fence about EFILive.

This class will be held Saturday, October 8th, at the Industrial Injection performance shop located in Murray, UT. Depnding on the amount of interest in the course, the class may be expanded to a 2 day training (2 seperate sessions) to accomodate everyone. The course will be capped at 30 people, so if the 8th fills up we will start one for the 9th as well.

The course will cover the following, and will be a beginner - intermediate level training on diesel tuning of BOTH GM and CUMMINS - so there will be a little bit for everyone:
  • EFILive Basics
  • GM Duramax basics, by motor generation (LB7, LLY, etc.)
  • Cummins basics (currently only the 06-07 5.9s)
  • Dyno testing tunes created during the course on GM and Cummins trucks
  • Data Logging, both Cummins and GM

There will be a basic course outline and syllabus provided, but I am encouraging everyone with a laptop to bring it pre-loaded with the EFILive software. Those that don't have one will be able to follow along on the big screen.

We will be providing lunch and drinks, as well as special discounts on products from StarLite Diesel and Industrial Injection both. Just to make things fun at the end, we will also be having a couple of simple contests about what was learned and have some prizes for the winners. I am aiming to make sure that everyone that signs up feels like they've learned something from the class that they needed to know.

This course is intended to give EFILive owners a leg-up on their own trucks and comfort level with using EFILive software.

The cost of the course will be $225 per person and is targeted to be 7 hours excluding lunch. If there is enough out of town interest in the course, I will work on getting a group rate at a close motel/hotel for those of you interested. Please let me know!

If you have questions or suggestions, please let me know. PM me here or email me zach@starlitediesel.com

If you are ready to sign up, you will be able to register and pay on my website: starlitediesel.com

Thanks!

EFILive Cummins beta tester and "Brand X" SCI Cummins beta tester! Like us on FaceBook!
StarLiteDiesel.com

Last edited by StarLite Diesel; 08-27-2011 at 01:12 AM.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:04 AM   #2
nwtdiesel

Name: nwtdiesel
Title: See you in AZ :)
Member`s Gallery
Sounds like a great Idea!

LMAO

2011 Diesel Power Challenge
March 2010 Diesel Power Mag Cover
Jan 2013 Diesel Power Mag Spread
1180hp #2 Only @ H&S Dyno Day 1285hp Juiced
UNDERGROUND DIESEL PERFORMANCE - LAS VEGAS, NV

Old 08-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #3
StarLite Diesel

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwtdiesel View Post
Sounds like a great Idea!

LMAO
Problem?? I don't figure there are any conflicts with your course in any way as you're headed to the east coast.... and until 10 minutes after this post from you last night your course was being offered in September....not quite sure how to take your comment?

EFILive Cummins beta tester and "Brand X" SCI Cummins beta tester! Like us on FaceBook!
StarLiteDiesel.com

Old 08-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #4
EFI Support

Name: EFI Support
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Good job Zach!

Download EFILive software (for free)

2006-2016 DODGE CUMMINS
2001-2016 DURAMAX 6.6L
2014-2016 DURAMAX 2.8L

Custom Tuning Software NOW AVAILABLE

Old 08-28-2011, 10:35 PM   #5
StarLite Diesel

Member`s Gallery
Just wanted to give everyone a quick heads up for those of you that want to travel here from out of town. Had several emails already about this and where to stay, etc.... So i'll try to answer this for you and the new comers all at once (i'm answering your emails back as well for those that have already sent one)...

I will be getting with the II guys again tomorrow around lunch and will be going over their suggestion for the best place to stay for out of towners (which places close by have shuttles from airport, etc.) as I have not booked at their shop before so they'll know the drill better than I do for where to stay and i'm hoping they can get you a better rate as well for the day/weekend.

I will give an update tomorrow night about this and if all else fails i'll give you the best suggestions I have for you as well as some alternatives.

Thanks for the interest! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

StarLiteDiesel.com

Old 08-28-2011, 10:43 PM   #6
307diesel

Name: 307diesel
Title: built 6.7
Member`s Gallery
Count me in

Old 09-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #7
diesel6.7

Name: diesel6.7
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
any word on if the 9th has opened up yet???

Old 09-20-2011, 10:17 PM   #8
StarLite Diesel

Member`s Gallery
Currently still have 10 spots to fill for the 8th. Unless we get a swarm of interest this week, I will say that it's not looking likely to hold the class on the 9th - only the 8th.

Thanks for your interst! I am currently working on holding 2 other classes in different locations, but i don't have enough of the details locked down yet to begin assessing interest yet. I will be sure to post when things are getting closer to worked out!

Thanks!

StarLiteDiesel.com

Closed Thread