One thing led to another. Build thread.

Just curious and please forgive my ignorance ahead of time, but, does a way exist to unlock the converter momentarily during your shifts? Am I asking way to much for a lock up converter?

Well, to keep all dat power from upsetting the chassis when the next ratio is selected. Lock it back in once the clutches are engaged???

I know you would have to be a wizard with the 47rh we are running. It might lock up in .1 sec or 1 sec.????

When you're entire 1/4 mile pass video including staging is 12 seconds long...
This build is awesome. Congrats guys, it's nasty out of the box and will only get better

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Well, to keep all dat power from upsetting the chassis when the next ratio is selected. Lock it back in once the clutches are engaged???

I know you would have to be a wizard with the 47rh we are running. It might lock up in .1 sec or 1 sec.????

Should be fine on a good track. When Sacramento isn't good it really isn't...like JP said, some of the faster cars couldn't even make a run.

1.32 spinning....gotta love it.
She gonna be nassssty....

Man i sure hope so.

Leaving on a 20psi limiter...once the suspension gets dialed....oh man, set the limiter at 30, and that byotch will go teens.

Time for a recalibration. :)

Just curious and please forgive my ignorance ahead of time, but, does a way exist to unlock the converter momentarily during your shifts? Am I asking way to much for a lock up converter?

Yes. I think the delay is around .13 to apply, not sure what release time is but it could easily be done through the smartwire.

When you're entire 1/4 mile pass video including staging is 12 seconds long...
This build is awesome. Congrats guys, it's nasty out of the box and will only get better

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Thank you.

Needs one of these too......:woohoo:

Miss Misery 4x4 burnout - YouTube

I just might have to. It wont be anywhere near as cool as bobby's burnouts though.

Don't waste your time with that. Let the Trans do what it's supposed to do and control power with a power management device. Use an ams 1000 or 2000 and dip power at the shifts just enough to let it do its thing. But a good chassis shouldn't have a problem at the shift. Those controllers will really help make a diesel consistent.

Don't waste your time with that. Let the Trans do what it's supposed to do and control power with a power management device. Use an ams 1000 or 2000 and dip power at the shifts just enough to let it do its thing. But a good chassis shouldn't have a problem at the shift. Those controllers will really help make a diesel consistent.

Ams boost controller and the smart wire would be sweeeet

Ams boost controller and the smart wire would be sweeeet

That it would be. I have not dug into the smart wire enough to know its capability, but I believe these trucks need to start using hp management tools to help the 60 foot and keep the transmissions alive.
If you look at schieds rail, that's how they get there's down the track

That it would be. I have not dug into the smart wire enough to know its capability, but I believe these trucks need to start using hp management tools to help the 60 foot and keep the transmissions alive.
If you look at schieds rail, that's how they get there's down the track

John Robinson explained it all to me, very cool. Only difference is they're venting the compressor side in between stages. I feel like venting exhaust would net the same result since we are only working with one turbo.

On edit the only thing a smartwire can't do is drive for you lol

What's the max boost your seeing, (s488?), also in the pic I saw it looked like a
T6 housing? If you don't want to say understood. Congrats on the 8sec pass, yall are making it look easy.

John Robinson explained it all to me, very cool. Only difference is they're venting the compressor side in between stages. I feel like venting exhaust would net the same result since we are only working with one turbo.

On edit the only thing a smartwire can't do is drive for you lol

Well sounds like I need to look into those a bit more. Are they being used to control the Trans?
And the beauty of doing it on the compressor side is the turbine wheel is already at speed. Slam the gate and you have instant hp. Doing that on the turbine side wouldn't work as quickly.

What's the max boost your seeing, (s488?), also in the pic I saw it looked like a
T6 housing? If you don't want to say understood. Congrats on the 8sec pass, yall are making it look easy.

Seeing 62 psi max right now. Average around 55 psi. Drive climbs at the shift points (high rpm) but is 48 or so when boost is 62 or so in od. T6, 1.32. Box stock sx-e.

Well sounds like I need to look into those a bit more. Are they being used to control the Trans?
And the beauty of doing it on the compressor side is the turbine wheel is already at speed. Slam the gate and you have instant hp. Doing that on the turbine side wouldn't work as quickly.

Yes the smartwire controls shifting, lock up, everything. It gives you the ability to control other things based of things you are monitoring with the racepak. I've got the gist of what the system is about but JP can explain it better.

That's true on venting the compressor would give better power control response vs. venting the exhaust side. when it gets to this level that MS15.1 ECU sounds really nice like the combo lavon is running.

Back